navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My letter to God
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic My letter to God Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Martini
since 2000-07-11
Posts 308
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2000-12-12 06:26 PM

Christmas 2000

Dear God

Christmas time is here once again, it seems the older you get the faster the year flies by.  This has been a good year, one with a lot of surprises, a good mixture of good and bad, and although I may not always be good, and I may not always make the right decision I hope you feel that I have tried my best to live the life you want me to lead.
  I have one christmas wish this year, and I know you are busy with so many prayers, and so many people need your help far more than I do, I was hoping you could take a little time to grant me the only thing I want this year.  I know christmas time is a time for giving, it's a time for joy and cheer, to celebrate the birth of your son, to surround yourself with family and friends, spread happiness, love and peace.  I can't seem to get into this christmas spirit thought this year, it is hard for me to be around the ones I love because someone is missing.  I know when you separated us you had a good reason, and perhaps it was for me to realize just how much he means to me, how important he is to my life, how much happiness his love brings into my world.
  Although I do still have him in my life, even if it is only in the smallest form, I miss the happiness I felt with him standing next to me.  So God if you can grant me one wish this year, it would be to bring him back to me, for him to realize I have loved him this whole time, and that no matter what our problems were that we can work through them.  This is my only wish this christmas....

Sincerly,
me

© Copyright 2000 Stephanie McMillan - All Rights Reserved
shira
since 2000-12-12
Posts 88
Hamburg, PA
1 posted 2000-12-13 01:59 PM

Very beautiful, very heartfelt and warm. The holidays are so difficult for some of us. I hopw you get your wish.

-Shira

Broken_Winged_Angel
since 2000-04-06
Posts 994
Small Town, Somewhere
2 posted 2000-12-13 11:38 PM

Best of luck to you.
Martini
since 2000-07-11
Posts 308
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-12-14 05:45 PM

Shira
thank you for reading
the holidays can be verry hard, and yet joyful too....
I'm hoping my wish comes true also

Broken_Winged_Angel
Thank you
and thanks for reading

"In three words I can sum up everything I learned about life: It Goes On"
~Robert Frost

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2001-12-24 02:31 PM

Just wondering how last year's Christmas wish came out....

mauddib
since 2002-01-12
Posts 119
melbourne australia
5 posted 2002-01-21 04:19 PM

She had nothing.
So, she cleaned His feet with her hair.
Dared not to look at Him.
to talk with Him.
It was enough just to be there.

poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
6 posted 2002-01-22 12:02 PM

dear martini,

oh how i long to delve into deep theological discourse when i read a work like this... unfortunately for my impulsiveness, this is probably neither the time nor the place to do so... so my pastoral nature will take a back seat as i critique your writing...

i felt this was a rather unique and fresh genre of literature... it's not often these days that one is able to read letters... the intimately personal nature of it alone sets it apart from regular prose and i think you did an excellent job keeping the reader's attention and interest through the piece... the frustration, of course, for the reader is that there are so many assumptions made by the writer that the primary reader (the recipient of the letter) will understand certain ideas and situations that the secondary reader (myself) is left out of a lot of the conversation... i hope that your Christmas wish came to fruition and that your time here at Passions will be pleasant... i look forward to reading some of your other works...

sincerely,
jerome

Do not be deaf to me, for if you are silent I shall go down to the pit like the rest. (Psalm 28)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My letter to God

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary