navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dream
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dream Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LaGraceLa
since 2011-01-30
Posts 243
Minnesota, USA

0 posted 2011-04-30 09:06 AM

What do you see when you close your eyes?
The black scorched ground steams silently as I cautiously take step after step towards it, the only thing here other than me for miles after miles of nothing. Charcoaled arms reach up to the sky, making it appear to be praying in a twisted, mangled form of worship. The blood red sky illuminates the burned bark and sends red lines sparkling across the scorched surface. Black clouds cross over the sun as I tentatively reach out my hand. The red sun glows from behind the cover of the oppressive clouds and an eery, misty red shade is cast down to earth. Fingertips gentily caress the tree's burned skin, leaving a fine, black dust on the tips of my fingers.
I would just like to say that this is my first time posting here and I have no idea if this fits. I had been posting things like this in dark poetry but I never thought that it fit. So I just thought that I would say that, I hope you enjoy.

© Copyright 2011 Sarah Grace - All Rights Reserved
tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
1 posted 2011-11-16 07:17 AM

well I most definitely enjoyed this piece, welcome & well done

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe
                        — W. E. Channing

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dream

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary