navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2010-12-03 06:10 PM

Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

When Pippi Longstocking turned 30 she went to a dance club in Stockholm to meet a man named Rolf who had been fascinated with Pippi since he watched her movies at 15.   To be true to character Pippi wore her hair in pigtails and she wore colorful stockings like she wore while making her movies.

Rolf was pleased and they talked and laughed and danced until the club closed at two a.m.  When the club was closing Pippi was so pleased with Rolf that she took him up on his invitiation to spend the night at his place.   On the way to Rolf's place the Christmas lights seemed to shine extra bright in spite of the heavy snowfall.

Once they arrived at Rolfs place they lit a warm fire, and then they drank some hot chocolate with whipped cream and talked and laughed into the wee hours of the morning.  Pippi said she wanted to add some angel decorations to Rolfs tree, as she was a collector of angels, and it was then that she got a close look at his collection of Nutcracker soldiers on his fireplace.

In the course of the evening Pippi had plenty of opportunities to look into Rolfs eyes and she could see all the way to his heart, and she sensed that he was good.  Finally exhaused they fell asleep, she on his bed and he on the couch.

In the morning when Rolf awoke Pippi was gone but on the fireplace hung one of Pippi's stockings, and on the table by the fireplace he noticed a plate of gingerbread cookies, some warm milk and a note that read as follows:  Rolf thank you for telling me I'm charming and irresistible;  I found you to be handsome and sensible.   If I could have my Christmas dream come true, "All I want for Christmas is you."...signed Pippi.

Rolf lit his best cigar and laughed out loud, sounding a little like Santa Claus.   It was just three days until Christmas, and all of his dreams were coming true.   This would be an especially Merry Christmas in the hearts of Pippi and Rolf.

JamesLee
01December

© Copyright 2010 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
Prasad Nataraj
since 2008-05-29
Posts 1149
Bangalore,India
1 posted 2010-12-08 03:07 AM

Romantic write. James.

"Hardwork pays in the long run"

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2010-12-19 06:36 PM

Thanks Prasdad, I appreciate it...James
s1nfully_1nn0c3nt
since 2003-10-26
Posts 1105
Watertown, NY
3 posted 2010-12-20 07:00 AM

Romantic Indeed. Enjoyed.

-Trina.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me...

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2010-12-23 11:40 PM

Thank you Innocent for the nice response...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary