navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Letter to an Ex
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Letter to an Ex Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV

0 posted 2000-01-28 07:08 PM

Am I not human?  Do I not deserve answers?  Do I not deserve the truth?  You said you loved me, why did you lie.  You, like all the others, like to see me in pain.  I admit, I'm not completely innocent in this, but tell me, what exactly is wrong with loving a friend?  Neither he, nor I, planned for it to happen the way it did.
Theres more to me than you’ll ever know, the only one that knows me is Andrew, hes known since June.  He’s the only person who has ever bothered to get to know me, not the me you knew, but the ‘real’ me.  He knows all my secrets that you could never understand.  No matter how hard you try, you will never understand.  I loved you, I thought I could trust you, but I guess I thought wrong.
Know what?  It’s your loss; I went through hell this year, until Andrew came back.  You saw how my mood changed when he was around.  Is there something wrong with loving a friend?  He was always there when I needed him, but where were you when I was crying in third period?  SKIPPING WITH BRANDY, THAT’S WHERE! And you wonder why I was so close to him?  Possibly because he’s the best friend I've ever had.  If I ask him not to do something, he won’t, but he’d do anything in the world for me, if I ask.
Love is such an odd thing, all too often you find it in someone you thought of as ‘just a friend’.  Everything is normal, but then one day BAM it hits you: ‘this is the one I want to be with’.  I will admit, that hit me about Andrew on the 4th (Tuesday), I didn’t want to say anything, but I knew I had to.
It’s amazing, so many people think, that because the relationship is history, so is the love, but that’s not the case here, at least, not for me.  I mean, I love Andrew, but theres still a part of me that still loves you.  
The only times I've ever felt true happiness was when Andrew was around me.  I love him, big deal, would you have dumped me if id told you I love Joe?  Not much of a difference there, other than the fact that Joe’s my brother.  Ok, bad analogy, but what would you have done if I told you I love Melissa?
Theres only one reason why I'm writing this: To Get Answers!  And, if you haven’t figured it out, the question is: What is wrong with loving a friend?
Wait, maybe there are two reasons behind this letter, you must know how I feel, when you dumped me, and I found out about you and brandy, I felt about this big .
You told me not to worry, and I trusted you, I now see that I shouldn’t have. You said you didn’t want her, something changed?  I want to know the truth, no more of your lies.
I didn’t do anything wrong, why am I being punished? The only people that aren't against me are my true friends. As long as I have them, paper and a pen, I have all I need.
There are still many more emotions I should let out, but this is enough emotion for one day…
Did I mean nothing to you? Were you comepletey unaware of my tears? Did it really matter that I was crying aboout you?  I love Andrew, and that’s wont change.
I wish we could remain friends, but I know that wont happen, as long as your with her, cause she won’t let it happen.
Andrew has been there, throughout every teardrop, and every smile. No matter what I’ll remember the good times and forget the bad…

*how was i to kno that today id meet someone like you? how was i to see the light with him in my path and you too far to touch?*

© Copyright 2000 Tamma M. Wilson - All Rights Reserved
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
1 posted 2000-01-28 11:37 PM

If this Andrew has always been by your side through it all and knows you, I'd say he's got much more going for him then this other boy who lies to you.  You don't have to take that, not from anyone.  If he loved you or cared for you at all, he'd treat you better than that.  My luck to you in making the right choices and finding what you need  

In flames I shall not be consumed, but reborn. -- Abrahm Simons

Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV
2 posted 2000-01-31 11:35 AM

The funny thing about this is, i printed it out, and gave it to my ex, and the frist thing he said was: "whats the question?" i thought i'd made it pretty obvious, but i guess i didnt, oh well  

*how was i to kno that today id meet someone like you? how was i to see the light with him in my path and you too far to touch?*

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 2000-02-05 04:05 AM

LOL, I thought it was obvious too!
Either way, writing is a good way to purge yourslf of your emotions!

"Eek it out in ink." To quote...well, myself! LOL

Bellelady1981
since 2010-09-15
Posts 12
Louisiana USA
4 posted 2010-09-28 06:38 PM

Your writing is so emotional. We've had different situations but both with exes. I am glad you found someone. Andrew is a treasured gift.
sasanka7
since 2010-11-17
Posts 30

5 posted 2010-11-17 03:15 PM

Nice blog. It also fulfils the condition of a good letter. It is as if you are talking with the addressee. He is seating in front of you. The poetical expression in the last line is enchanting. Andrew has been there, throughout every teardrop, and every smile. No matter what I’ll remember the good times and forget the bad…

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
6 posted 2010-12-14 06:42 PM

Nice writing...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Letter to an Ex

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary