navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » To My Stranger With Blue Eyes and a Crooked Nose
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic To My Stranger With Blue Eyes and a Crooked Nose Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2010-09-09 09:31 PM

To My Stranger With Blue Eyes and a Crooked Nose,

I left town. I am now beyond the place, where your large, beaten, callous hands can reach out and touch me.

Every morning I pray for your happiness. I pray that you can let me go, like you let go of everything else in your life. You are my disease, like I am, surely, your poison. The kind of poison that doesn't kill quickly, but leaves you addicted to a high.

We were not meant... to be together, or at least... be happy together.

Everyday, I waiver between two existences: one happy to be without you, and one where I feel like my soul has been squashed by a rusty, old sludge-hammer.

You are like a disease, no, more like a polio vaccine. You come in with your silky words that taste like vanilla that contrast your perception as rich, milky chocolate. You make my problems disappear with with subtle innocents that cures my crippled heart. Then, in a flash, a new disease that's more deadly than the first devours me or more accurately kills me after all my defenses have been broken down. You thought you could save me, but instead you gave me heart ache.

Every night in my dreams I kiss you goodbye.

We part.

We cry.

We move on.

Juju

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

© Copyright 2010 Juju - All Rights Reserved
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
1 posted 2010-12-13 06:17 PM

Lots of feelings here...James
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
2 posted 2010-12-14 05:26 PM

One of your more poignant writes, Julie. It was much enjoyed.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "WHAT A RIDE

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
3 posted 2012-01-27 09:45 PM

Ah...my heart to you, my friend.

j.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » To My Stranger With Blue Eyes and a Crooked Nose

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary