navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Forwarded
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Forwarded Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

0 posted 2010-08-30 10:03 AM

To Whom it May Concern,
   What follows below is a transcript of the scrap of letter I found addressed to this House and Street. The original is too fragile to send so have taken the liberty to transcribe the contents below and forward them to you in hopes they have meaning.

My Dearest Dorothy,
    If this letter comes to your hand and eye, then know indeed that the Wizard has told me of history and the visits he documented. The Crystal ball as in the film was a prop, but behind the curtain with all the lever and pulls, is also the portal. I’ve seen it with my own eyes and watched as you, Alice then, slid down a rabbit hole to rest with the white hare.
A precursor to the journals he allowed me to pour through that told of the love you have felt through ages and journey for those I had only a sense of before.
  Quantum theory and the rustle of Victorian silk sat in splendor as black on velum with crisp pleats of insight. The old Wizard sighed as I read on, then whispered to me softly the wisdom I should head. “ Does it change anything of what you have felt?”
  He and I sat late into the night drinking a strong Jamaican blend as we drew the diagrams connecting points along the history. I found him a kindly soul, though perhaps, a bit bewildered that I mixed up my verbs and nouns when I spoke of emotions and of you. “Absolutes” he warned me with a stern gaze, “exist only as strong probabilities that as of the moment you embrace them have no other meaning.”
  Our following philosophical discussion is of no importance, but it consumed the darkest hours of night and found me exhausted when in finality he showed me to the other side of his door. There the early dawn promised to snow and ahead of the glowering clouds I saw the formation of migrating monkeys flying south towards the Xentous Sea.
   Should you find yourself again at the Wizards table, it would please me to know your opinion of the Bordeaux. I left with him a case I had thought to save for some time you and I might enjoy. But, rifts and wormholes being as they tend to be and with a new found understanding of the certainty that comes from history, I do not know if that would be possible.
   In tangent and parallel entities there seem to be even distributions of the squared means, so I presume without malice that the mean average deviation from a norm is within the normal parameters. No conclusion may be drawn other than those of probable cause and effect. Noting the inverse ratio between heart and diamond, it's no wonder the Hatter was mad or that the Scarecrow ( bless his soul ) was always the one who seemed most astute in his lack of understanding and wished only to drop you a letter should it become lost upon the folded layers of tin that are the corporeal heart.
My watch still ticks Dearest Dorothy, though I find the stem a harder thing to grasp these days of damp. Older metal than mine has fallen into rust and disrepair. My own, seems at present to bear the pitting of soul’s own algorithmic rain.
I wish for you my dear, the loveliest of epochs and hope you find the Higgs boson of your soul as here we enter that which is dated as
Here the letter ended, and I am afraid I do not know if there were other pages or not, as the snow had covered the surrounding area and I was unable to search for more.

Sincerely,
  Robert J. Assimov

© Copyright 2010 Cpat Hair - All Rights Reserved
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
1 posted 2010-08-30 03:51 PM

I liked this alot.

It is a lovely piece.

-Juju

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

2 posted 2010-08-30 07:24 PM

thank you ma'am.. glad you could wade through it since prose is not my normal form...

appreciate you looking at this

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2010-08-30 08:22 PM

RJA...keep looking. There is much, much more for your eyes to look upon, your soul to wind over.

Your story is not yet done.

Respectfully,

Glinda

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

4 posted 2010-08-31 05:52 AM

Sunshine... many thanks for your eyes on this
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2010-08-31 11:05 PM

Glinda always has her eyes on not only
the future, but the past, and then again.

She is so wise...

Sunkissed
since 2002-12-03
Posts 610

6 posted 2010-09-02 08:57 AM

I can only say how much I enjoyed reading this, Captain. You are long over due for publishing.

~Sunkissed

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

7 posted 2010-09-02 09:20 AM

Sunshine.. wisdom comes from experience they say.....

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

8 posted 2010-09-02 09:21 AM

Sunkissed..
ma'am... thanks for looking in on this and the nice words..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Forwarded

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary