navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I promised my self I wouldn't be a crazy cat lady #4
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic I promised my self I wouldn't be a crazy cat lady #4 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2010-09-07 10:59 PM

My heart had an anchor that caught every and each light pole or bump in the road. This left me with no other option, but to retrace my steps and untangle the sticky web of something a lot like denial. Sometimes I wished I could use this tangled mess as a fishing line to draw in a dream or a short distraction.

Somehow these thumps in my chest resemble heart beats and other times I realize it's my own sulking and self loathing.

Nightmares of "Grey Acre's" can leave any one in a cold and terrifying sweat that pools at your pillow. Or perhaps these are tears accumulated to the fabric. I thought out loud "That could be... me?... I could be Little Eddie"

To my horror I felt the warm tears carve their way through the salty canvas. I hadn't cried for years. I ran outside in the dry, frigid air and I cried until I started to feel more cold then sad. Sleep deprivation and the history channel don't mix well.

Quickly, I ran inside the apartment slamming the door behind me hard enough where the frost crystal shed off the sliding glass door.

I went to the small bathroom I washed my face with cold water and rushed to open my old laptop. This was not without difficulty.

Patiently, I waited for the computer to allow me on the web. I don't know why I haven't gotten a new computer. Maybe there is too much similarities between me and an inanimate object that is incompatible with required virus protection software.

If I go bald and wear pants on my head, I will be an incompatible piece of archaic equipment.

Finally, I saw my home page pop up and I carefully typed in "Volunteer Positions."

If I am predestined to be a crazy person, at least I won't be a selfish one.

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

© Copyright 2010 Juju - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » I promised my self I wouldn't be a crazy cat lady #4

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary