navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Sarah's Orbit
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sarah's Orbit Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Yoinn
since 2007-08-16
Posts 649
Michigan

0 posted 2009-06-19 11:25 AM

Sarah's Orbit

Only a slight limp keeps her from being beautiful in her own mind. A childhood tragedy with a drunken uncle and a handgun. You lost your mother and your beauty on that terrible night.
     You grew up but not away from it all, because your uncle took more than your mother. He took your innocence when he forced your body to be a women with his lust before you understood the beauty it possessed.
     Your father was a good man, strong and loving, but it damaged him too. Unlike your mother, who was taken so suddenly, you watched him age and slowly decay until there was nothing left and he was gone.
     Sometimes events in our lives have so much gravity, it seems we spend our whole existence
trying to escape it's orbit, struggling every day against the force of it's memory that tries to pull us in.
     Every Thursday, I come here so you can serve me this week's special, a breath taking, beautiful women in a waitress uniform. I watch your elegance and grace captivate the people here, but when you smile, the sadness, the gravity, shows.
     When you walk away with your limp and dirty dishes, I know Sarah, that someday you will break free of your past. You will gain speed, open your wings of beauty and be free of it's pull once and for all.

Yoin

© Copyright 2009 Tim W. - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2009-06-19 07:50 PM

A good exploration and conclusion of misuse and violence.  I doubt that "Sarah" will ever forget, but if she can learn to forgive, the battle inside her will be done.  Enjoyed the read.

Carpe' Diem,
Mysteria

Yoinn
since 2007-08-16
Posts 649
Michigan
2 posted 2009-06-19 08:27 PM

Thank you Mysteria I am glad you enjoyed this poem. Sarah is sorta a compilation of myself and people that i have known in my life. A dramatic event or series of them has the power to change someones whole life. This gravity and overcoming it is a common theme through much of my writing.

PS. Of course the opposite side of the coin is also true. A dramatiic or even small random act of kindness can also have a huge impact on someone

Yoin

brneyedgrly
since 2009-06-08
Posts 1125
nowhere and everywhere
3 posted 2009-07-04 01:22 PM

~dear yo...

this gives me goosebumps...

you amaze me with the way you feel so deeply about things...

thanks for thinking so kindly of the sarah's of the world

love,
s

Yoinn
since 2007-08-16
Posts 649
Michigan
4 posted 2009-07-07 02:11 PM

Thanks berney.

Its the pull against what tugs at us that makes us stronger in the end.

Yoin

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2009-07-08 06:59 PM

Enjoyed...the transformation begins when a person can stop believing that they should live their life as a victim and start to believe that they can overcome hardships...James
Yoinn
since 2007-08-16
Posts 649
Michigan
6 posted 2009-07-08 07:57 PM

Thanks James,

I agree dude, I agree

Yoin

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Sarah's Orbit

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary