navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Love as a Circle
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Love as a Circle Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
byski
since 2006-01-26
Posts 235
Alberta, Canada

0 posted 2008-08-15 01:04 AM

I define love as the fallowing:

Love is a circle that you cannot see. Almost as if it is a black hole, you cannot look into it and see what it is made of. To catch a glimpse of it and to know that love is truly there you must pay close attention and witness it distort your otherwise natural view. In other terms, you can only see love through a tangent on the circle. Each act of love represents a tangent, a single point on the circle of love, that will give you only a small picture of the circle. The more acts of love, the more tangents you will see and eventually you will start to see the underlying, otherwise invisible perfect circle. Since the power of love in infinite, so too are the points on a circle. Each additional tangent that you come across will only make the circle appear closer to perfection until you cannot make out any deformities or rough spots in the circle. Remember that no human being, not even Michelangelo, can draw a perfect circle free hand. Nor can we use a stencil or a computer program to achieve perfection, it is all relative to your point of view. We can however express our love in each and every action possible so that from the outside our love appears perfect. It is a working progress, but we know it is there even if we cannot see it.

Unorthodox mabey, but I grow on you.

© Copyright 2008 byski - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2008-08-17 12:47 PM

Very beautiful definition of love, dear byski. I enjoyed reading your words.

Love,
Margherita

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2008-08-27 07:45 PM

To help myself understand what love is I consider what love is not...
For example acceptance vs rejection,
appreciation vs criticism...James

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Love as a Circle

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary