navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The true meaning of Christmas
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The true meaning of Christmas Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sanandalover123
since 2005-12-21
Posts 5

0 posted 2005-12-21 06:53 PM

When i was 5 years old i longed for a Cabbage Patch doll. And of course  i  would receive it on Christmas day  without hesitation because of the fact that my parents loved me dearly.

As i grow and evolve through the passing years. I've become more wise and mature, and i now realize what the true meaning of Christmas is all about. I realize its not about receiving  material gifts, but receiving the most precious gift of all unconditional love.

Christmas means spending time with my family. It means thinking my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for blessing me with health and strength. And of course spreading Christmas love and cheer all around me. Christmas for me is the remembrance of Jesus Christ and the  celebration of him for coming into my life. Christmas is reaching out and helping the less fortunate, not just on Christmas, but whenever the opportunity presents itself to do so. Christmas is a little child's smile lighting up when Santa Clause is near. Christmas is enjoying good home cooked meals with my family, laughing joking and having a  jolly good time.

That right there is the true meaning of Christmas.

By Tiffany Davis

[This message has been edited by sanandalover123 (12-21-2005 07:55 PM).]

© Copyright 2005 sanandalover123 - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2005-12-21 09:11 PM

Dear Tiffany...

You do indeed realize the Greatest Gift of All...

Merry Christmas to you, and yours...

and!  Welcome to Passions!  Here's to hoping you have found a bright new poetry home for 2006!

Check your Email for a very Special Greeting!

sanandalover123
since 2005-12-21
Posts 5

2 posted 2005-12-21 09:31 PM

thanks for the greeting it was beautiful.
tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
3 posted 2006-01-01 06:37 PM

indeed it is, thanks for sharing this with us.
~hugs~
Tracie

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

Sharksbean
since 2005-09-25
Posts 368
jax
4 posted 2006-01-17 02:40 PM

i would say this was too beautiful for words but that would be saying that this prose didnt exist but indeed beautiful it is more so than i could describe thanks for sharing

-may the force be with you in poetry

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The true meaning of Christmas

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary