navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Unexpected Reminders
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unexpected Reminders Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States

0 posted 2006-01-13 07:18 PM

Unexpected Reminders
By Larry Chadwick
Seems it never ends...

I like to live on faith. At least I have tried to convince myself I do. Somehow it makes life less cluttered. It is not about denial or even a lack of intellectual motivation. There just is not a need for proof of everything or a complete catalog of evidence. And then the simplest of things occurs that makes me think again.

Grandma arrived yesterday. Since mom is away from home three to four nights a week for her job I had some work to do. Specifically I needed and wanted to clean the house for grandma’s arrival. But Sunday mom gave me a running head start by cleaning my office. Before you say it, I know that is not unusual.

She removed all of my things from the top of the computer desk for dusting. But to be truthful I was unable to hold my tongue when I saw her putting some of her things up in their place. Actually I was tactless and reminded her I thought it was my space. With much more restraint she arranged the space as it had been before. I have a collection of your things that have accumulated. Some I hang on the wall and the rest I had arranged on the floor in the corner. The next time I entered the room they were all lovingly rearranged in baskets and on pedestals and some on the floor. My heart paused.

I found evidence of mom’s love for me that I did not deserve. And in the very same act I found evidence of her love for the memory of you. And the chores took on a new meaning. Once again I was overwhelmed at the presence of you in your absence. I hope I never take any of you for granted again. But so you know, I’m still keepin’ the faith.
January 13, 2006

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

© Copyright 2006 Larry Chadwick - All Rights Reserved
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
1 posted 2006-01-13 09:32 PM

Larry

"Once again I was overwhelmed at the presence of you in your absence. I hope I never take any of you for granted again."

I knew from the title that I would be heart touched by this...I was right!  

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2006-01-14 12:06 PM

Larry~
I was greatly touched by the tenderness of this write~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*No matter what I search for ...
let me know when it is LOVE that I find*~ <))><

Email -           noles1@totcon.com     

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
3 posted 2006-01-14 12:20 PM

written like a man, Larry....a real one.
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
4 posted 2006-01-16 09:50 AM

Martie,
Thank you for your gentle caring.

Marge,
I'm pleased, thank you. And I always appreciate the huglets.

Michael,
Thank you kind sir. You are the best.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2006-01-16 09:45 PM

Larry, if you keep writing keepers all the time, not only will I have to put up a new wall, I will have to put up an opposite and some adjacents...and make it a room for all you share.

You have inspired me on a new one....

thank you both for that.

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
6 posted 2006-01-17 10:28 AM

I'm afraid to ask what we'd have to call that room! And thank you as you so richly bless my heart.

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
7 posted 2006-01-22 03:04 PM

Larry:  I am thankful to be posted to "Prose" for the next two weeks. I get to read some remarkable writing, like this one of yours I just finished reading. I seldom come here........because of time restrictions only.......unless I am moderating on this site. You never disappoint and always uplift!

Betty Lou

Betty Lou Hebert

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
8 posted 2006-01-23 01:52 PM

Ah Betty Lou,
You are so kind. Hope you get assigned in here more often. And thank you so much.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Unexpected Reminders

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary