navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Tuesday
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tuesday Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace

0 posted 2005-11-30 03:13 PM

Tuesday -for lack of a better

Six months comes as a shock as to find that my life has turned from the same of so much different back to the same. I am living the life I have known before as what I deem to be separate but equal. How does it all begin to be shared, but not equal? This is a way I truly do not understand. And wonder how it is I deserve it. Explain to me how separate can be equal.
    Selfishness comes in many flavors and they all come back tasting bitter. And we start the awful task of tallying. Black marks in a book keeping the best records of what is and what is not. We check each list as to what we put in, to look to see if what we are getting back is on an equal scale.
    Alternating moods of sheer happiness fall suddenly to bottomless pain. Finding myself again sitting in a corner…my only place of belonging, how did this become my space? I don’t like this; I never have, to be together yet to be so alone. I was not created by what all has shaped me to tolerate standing side by side to have my back against another’s. How does it start or maybe the question should be how does it all end?
    Outside the sunshine’s rays are falling to earth so softly and gently lying on the ground in perfect order and shadows lingering to stretch in places long. Yet inside there is grey, a color too dull to be express in any ways of color almost not worth the mention yet hanging too thick that it can not possibly be ignored. It is not only the grey there is also rain, rain with waters that seep so deep, they wet your soul.
    There are waters that quench you and waters that break and wash you away in drops that cut even the thickest rock. Everything erodes when too much pressure is a constant. And there is a place where there are no echoes …it is where there is nothing left to bounce off, and I hear no signal.
    Hair length width and nails cut short yet long enough to dig and catch tender skin. There is talk by another to inanimate objects in great sincere- ness in a language I don’t understand and nothing for me. Noise in the emptiness. And in your world of perfection…what could ever be right?

just some words cut out
from the diary of my heart

© Copyright 2005 Helen Chambers - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2005-11-30 03:34 PM

If these are words from your diary, my dear lovely friend, may I offer you a tissue?

Be well brave lady.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Tuesday

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary