navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Sampson brings down...
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sampson brings down... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia

0 posted 2005-11-11 06:10 PM

In Australia we have a newspaper that prints stories of 55 words or less, this is one I've written that I'm considering submitting. Please let me know what you think and how it can be improved.

My dog, Sampson loves chasing cars. I'd wondered what he'd do if he caught one - until he did.

Last night Sampson and I were out jogging. He disappeared; I heard a yelp, a screech of brakes and tinkling of glass.
This morning the Sun's headlines read… Prominent Barrister dies in a one-car crash.

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

© Copyright 2005 Lynne Dale - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2005-11-23 01:31 AM

Unless that dog's a lawyer he's a mighty touch dog! Lot's to contemplate in such a few words.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
2 posted 2006-01-01 06:59 PM

Hiya Lynne

howd you go?  I've come in weeks later and read this and you've probably posted it in the paper by now.

~hugs~
Tracie

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Sampson brings down...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary