navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » To Tuesday
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic To Tuesday Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Professor Gloom
Member Elite
since 2000-07-23
Posts 3082
of Depression

0 posted 2003-08-12 07:32 AM

The morning light takes the night and with it my dreams of fright, nightmares ridden to a waking of unrest and yet too much to do, wait, that was yesterday.  It is not Déjà vu, for I know it is a different day, yet too much like the last.  The fog might be thicker and hugging the ground a bit tighter, but the feel is the same.  A wrapping closeness that blocks the tops of building from sight.  And these are not that very tall of buildings, just a few stories tall. There are stories upwards here in the fog and stories backward into the past.  Stories of joy and happiness, but lately of heartache and pain.  I drive off passed the new pile of eviction.  Not much there, boxes of paper, cloth of different colors that once was worn by a series of children, and battered furniture that is so worthless no one will bother to steal.  The slum lords are cleaning house with the people being the trash, useless human debris.  They seem to forget their humanity at this time of year with no activist group to complain about tossing a young mother and her four children out into the cold snowy weather.  Now is the time to toss them, before the cold come, before the snows flies, and before the holidays can make them seem heartless.  But they are just business men trying to make a living of their own and will tell you flatly how generous they were to allow six months of rent to become back due before taking action.  Surely some government agency will help them, after all that’s why the taxes are so high he mumbled as he wondered off figuring in his mind how it could be written off next year.  Car taillights flash in front of me and the road quickly is blocked by stopped cars and my musing had almost caused me to rear end someone.  The cars slowly begin moving again as they creep by a tow truck pulling some car up to the road that had gone over the embankment.  I stop at my usual place for coffee and a pastry, then continue to work.  My mind wonders which neighbor will be tossed out today, what place did those yesterday find to stay, and will the weather break?  I read the news, bombing, drive by shootings, murders and drug busts all about the same as yesterday.  Death is walking the earth and busy carrying off our humanity.

Gloom

© Copyright 2003 Aszard Drazlom - All Rights Reserved
Zyell
since 2000-07-28
Posts 121
USA
1 posted 2003-08-17 08:16 AM

Sometimes a voice of gloom is what we need to remind us there is much that needs to be done......you write very well gloom

~Z

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » To Tuesday

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary