navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » 300 Yards to a kiss ( my 1st prose attempt)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic 300 Yards to a kiss ( my 1st prose attempt) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song

0 posted 2000-08-09 06:01 PM

300 Yards To A Kiss

Shhh....listen...just beyond the spattering of trees.  Natures static
of hissing as one wave after another pummels upon the fragile
beach.  Beyond this broken path of torn away soil is where we shall
be treated to the symphony of salten orchestras.

Come join me......pay attention to all around.  The shading of shadows
distorting all hidden traced blessings of wonder.  The blades of
bermuda pressing against the soils of time from tramplings of those
before us as they too sought the silence of the night.Twigs of promise
piercing through forgotten remains of life giving cycles.  Silvery gray
clouds of moss growing their communities of tomorrows forces.....
searching for the darkened shelters with tenacity and poise.  Aromatic
seasonings of wild mint flavoring the gentle breezes;  kissing us
with tenderness as we step withing their realm.  Broken traces
of moonlit guidance flashing before our eyes between the pitter and
the patter of serrated prancings within the textured shells of maples
and splaying burst of long leaf pines.  

Through this corridor of yesterdays turmoils just a hundred yards away
rest all the promises of tomorrows surrendering plight.  White sands
of glass sparkling to the cadence of twilights stars as they lend
sunken cushions under the weight of our feet.  One hundred yards of
dancing beneath us to the moistured kisses of each passing breach
of foaming passion.  Silent sizzles of millions of bubbles bursting
in the air as they roll across the pebbled sand.  Scalloped remains
of the oceans depths scattered aimlessly across the shore and neddle
size wells being dug as the sand crab searches refuge from the sandpipers
hunt. Just beyond the break of surf scoots the base of billowing sails.  
The bow slicing the blue worlds of unforgiving seas as the white caps
of surrender break free of the battered fortress of watery protection
curling in fear as they are cast aside.  

Just one hundred yards more to the green silkend rock standing firm
against the onslaught of harrassing waves.  Hermit crabs standing guard
as they lose ground with each barrage of angry crests and recapturing
what they can within the momentary retreat.  This is where we begin
our lovers life;  in silence we look deep in each others eyes amidst
the peaceful silence of natures wars.  We kiss.............

Mark Bohannan

© Copyright 2000 Mark Bohannan - All Rights Reserved
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
1 posted 2000-08-09 10:47 PM

Wow!!!  Mark...This is a prose poem, the language and imagery is wonderful!  I am totally impressed...BRAVO! Oncore!
Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan
2 posted 2000-08-09 10:59 PM

If that was only leading up to the kiss why
am I out of breath already  ......obviously
not your first prose...only first
posted...have you been holding out on us!!
Shame on you    I enjoyed this very
much...yes....Prose Poetry....a beautiful
duet~

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
3 posted 2000-08-10 01:28 AM

Martie-for you to say that I impressed you is the greatest compliment I could get as I see you as a master in imagery especially in free verse....you should try prose like this if you havent because you would be great at it and it is so much fun.....relaxing.

"SIS"--Me? hold out on you? no way hon'....now breathe slow...deep long slow breaths.....that's it.....WOW you had me scared there Sis....what would I tell the folks.....You make your big brother blush with you sweet replies....Thank you so much and I am truely glad you liked and stay tuned for what is after the kiss.....(Mild version)

Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
4 posted 2000-08-10 11:20 AM

Mark,
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this piece. Lots of brilliant images in this one...
Written more under the influence of poetic thoughts - clearly visible with the way you formed your sentences... very enchanting all the same...

Do you wish any directions in tightening this up a little... if so proceed, else
accept my regards in the knowledge that I very much enjoyed this one and am expecting many more "prosetic" works from you...

Many regards,
Sudhir.

Well, if you are still reading here is how I would have written this (unfortunately I do not get possess such inspirational thoughts) so I can only comment ...  

Read the following and see if you notice any difference... Thanks for your consideration and the time.... - Sudhir

300 Yards To A Kiss

Shhhh!

Listen.

Listen to nature's static hissing as one wave after another pummels upon the fragile beach, just beyond the spattering of the trees. Beyond this broken path of torn-away soil is where we shall be treated to the symphony of saltine orchestras.

Come join me.

Pay attention to all around. The shading of shadows distorting all hidden traced blessings of wonder. The blades of Bermuda, pressing against the soils of time from trampling of those before us, as they too sought the silence of the night. Twigs of promise, piercing through forgotten remains of life, giving cycles. Silvery grey clouds of moss growing their communities of tomorrow's forces searching for the darkened shelters with tenacity and poise. Aromatic seasonings of wild mint flavouring the gentle breezes kissing us with tenderness as we step within their realm. Broken traces of moonlit guidance, flashing before our eyes between the pitter and the patter of serrated prancing within the textured shells of maples and splaying burst of long leaf pines.

Through this corridor of yesterday's turmoil, just a hundred yards away, rest all the promises of tomorrow's surrendering plight. White sands of glass sparkling to the cadence of twilight's stars, as they lend sunken cushions under the weight of our feet. One hundred yards of dancing beneath us to the moistured kisses of each passing breach of foaming passion. Silent sizzles of millions of bubbles bursting in the air as they roll across the pebbled sand. Scalloped remains of the ocean depths scattered aimlessly across the shore and needle sized wells being dug as the sand crab searches refuge from the sandpiper's hunt. Just beyond the break of surf scoots the base of billowing sails. The bow slicing the blue worlds of unforgiving seas as the white caps of surrender break free of the battered fortress of watery protection curling in fear as they are cast aside.

Just one hundred yards more to the green silkened rock, standing firm against the onslaught of harassing waves. Hermit crabs standing guard as they lose ground with each barrage of angry crests, recapturing what they can within the momentary retreat.

This is where we begin our lovers' life.

In silence, we look deep in each other's eyes amidst the peaceful silence of nature's wars.

We kiss...

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2000-08-10 08:41 PM

Mark, what can one say? Poetically prose-filled all the way!

When one smells the salted kiss left behind, one may cry silent tears...

oh, well done!

And it makes me very pleased to know that you are enjoying this immensely!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2000-08-10 09:05 PM

A prose poem? You have a great way with imagery, that's for sure! But is the format a poem or prose? I'm confused!!! LOL
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
7 posted 2000-08-11 12:46 PM

I definetly have to agree with the prose poem consensus, a prose format with sentence with a poetic turn. Intriguing tale and I enjoyed this poetic prose, you have to love lines like

"White sands of glass sparkling to the cadence of twilights stars.."

Great! Much enjoyed Mark.

Abrahm Simons

"Keep on dreamin' boy 'cause when you stop dreaming it's time to die" - Blind Melon

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
8 posted 2000-08-11 04:30 AM

Sudhir my good friend and pub mate.lol  I like that very much and I do so appreciate you taking the time to help me develop this.  You are a friend indeed. Thank you much.

Sunshine-Your words are always so welcomed by me.  I am so glad that you liked it.  Means much.  Thank you.

PdV-I am confused also..LOL...how do you think I came up with this?lolol  Thank you much.

Abrahm-Thank you very much and that is one of my favorite lines in the whole thing(PROSE?-POEM?)myself.  I had fun doing this and will be doing it more.

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

9 posted 2000-08-11 04:23 PM

Finally...Im here...damn puter  
WELL pardon me but Im gonna come in here now and just flat out GLOAT and say...
I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now....since some of the most gifted
in Passions have seconded my point..
maybe now you will just pick up that pen
and prose that talented, artistic, poetic, butt of yours off...
cause YOU do have a gift for this...
I KNOW-- OH baby do I KNOW    (hehe)
SO...that being said...
your assigment is to paint me a sunset...
or a ocean sail ...or waterfall ...
or all of the above  
later-gifted-prose-gator
me
*skipping out of room*
*smiling*
*singing--I told him so..I told him so*
*lalalalalala*
HE HE I do so LOVE being right ;*

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
10 posted 2000-08-12 03:32 AM

JM-my sweet prose aholic gator....what am I to do with you but bow to your every whim.  I get your point and the assignment is taken and you will see what you want to see.  Now stop all that gloating and look what you done....you have let me secret out in knowing what you know.    Have you ever noticed that when you skip, you ...welllllll...never mind....just keep on skipping   and I will gaulk.   Thank you sweetness for all you are and for ALL THOSE pushes to get me here.  I do enjoy it as you know.
Artistic
since 2000-08-09
Posts 107
Colorado/Rochester, NY
11 posted 2000-08-13 12:59 PM

Gosh Mark-  What can I say?  When you asked me to take a look at your first prose... I was quite surprised...

However...!  I took a quick peek in the dictionary to double-check what prose was supposed to be...

So w/ the idea of what prose is supposed to be like... I headed over to take a look-see at your prose...

Now... are you sure that's prose??    Cuz when I look at it, yes, it IS prose... but at the same time, it looks poetic?!?    

Anyways... I loved the description... very vividly done for the imaginative! Loved the way you kept coaxing the special lady to that special place...!  

Nicely done!

~Artistic~

"Dreams are the touchstones of our characters"
-Henry David Thoreau

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
12 posted 2000-08-14 12:21 PM

Artistic-Thank you so much and you are in the same thought as we all are now.lol  I thank you for your lovely response and your time.  Take care of you...as my soulmate would say so I shall as well.LOL
poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
13 posted 2000-08-14 03:49 PM

**Picking myself up off your beach**  WHEW!  This is one detailed piece of wonder and words!  I had to really slow down my reading pace to soak it all up!  Such description and beauty, which all led to that one tender moment.  Was this a first kiss?  I sure hope so, because it was perfect.  You sure know how to kiss!     I shall read more of you!  Now I know why the girls are swooning!  LOL
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
14 posted 2000-08-15 12:54 PM

Allow me to be another in a long line to praise this piece Mark. Ripe with imagery, I can clearly see and feel the setting, the emotions... A sigh escapes my lips at the sensuous beauty you evoke.

Bravo.

Chris

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
15 posted 2000-08-15 02:49 AM

poetFemmeFatale-Make sure you wipe off all that sand before you walk to far...you know how it just loves to find all those awkward places and then make you pay for it with every step.lol  SO happy to see you here and glad you liked the piece.....and I will let you know if that is where we first kiss......   Thank you!!!

Chris-your sigh along with the bravo have made me smile much......I thank you for your kind words and glad you enjoyed it.

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
16 posted 2000-08-15 01:41 PM

**patiently awaiting the update!**  

Lucky girl...

DAMN sand in my uh...most awkward places!
I blame it all on you!  LOL  
**oooh ah**  (limping out funny like)

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
17 posted 2000-08-15 08:35 PM

poetFemmeFatale- Glad you are patient and it will pay off.  Now do us all a favor and go see your Doc.  Have him/her check on your heart and then come back with fan in hand.  NO raspberry tea for you unless there is a lad near by and for heaven's sake will you please quit spreading that sand all over the forum.LOL
StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
18 posted 2000-08-15 11:04 PM

I'm at a loss for words, this was breathtaking and beautiful!! I absolutely love it
vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
19 posted 2003-07-24 01:47 PM

Mark...wow...I go digging for buried treasures,
and lookie what I find.   This is absolutely gorgeous,
my friend.  The imagery, the emotion...all of it.
Wish you'd come back and share more of your beautiful
poetry and prose with us.  You are missed, my friend.

Hugs,
~Vicky

"My friends are my estate."
~Emily Dickinson

Dee
Member Elite
since 2000-08-19
Posts 2330
Queensland, Australia
20 posted 2003-07-25 10:03 AM

Hey you, isn't it enough to make em swoon with your poetry, now you have to do it with prose too??

Oh by the way, Janet is right

Love ya my friend,
Dee x

Stand straight and tall, not the reflection as others see you, but as you truely are.        Clearwater

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
21 posted 2003-07-25 09:33 PM

Hi Mark, it's been a long time. I think this writing is very beautiful, poetic, and very warm.
Sandra

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

22 posted 2003-07-25 10:27 PM

hey Dee...
Janet is ALWAYS right     rofl

Boy oh boy, this makes me think of those emails of prose

We miss reading ya tiger boyeeeee LOL

"How could I stand here with you and not be moved by you."

LH

mystic1
since 2003-07-25
Posts 14
Definitely not Kansas
23 posted 2003-07-25 11:18 PM

Mark-

So glad I read this. I've been trying for years to figure out what the hell to call my "stuff". It does somehow seem to resemble yours. I have two postings- one in mature content/behind closed doors, the other in critical analysis #2. Maybe take a look- see what you think. I'm going to try and post something tomorrow titled "Rain" and I may consider this forum. Your piece is very powerfull, strong imagery and excellant wording. Would that I could write like that. Good work, good luck, keep on truckin'.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?”

-Chris Rock

Still watching, still dreaming

[This message has been edited by mystic1 (07-26-2003 06:51 AM).]

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
24 posted 2003-08-14 09:47 PM

One hundred yards of
dancing beneath us to the moistured kisses of each passing breach
of foaming passion.  Silent sizzles of millions of bubbles bursting
in the air as they roll across the pebbled sand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geeeee Mark, you sure know how to kick it up a notch!
So glad I found this...
It's like finding a treasure packed chest on a beach!

Deb

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » 300 Yards to a kiss ( my 1st prose attempt)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary