navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Love - is anticipation
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Love - is anticipation Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rainee
since 2003-04-19
Posts 10

0 posted 2003-05-14 06:41 PM

"Love - is anticipation. A hazy thought of a new feelings being born into light, starting of as a tiny little seed, making it's way out as a green sprout which you carefully carry in your heart, patiently waiting, anticipating that pleasure for yourself and the person to whom you will give the beautiful, bright flower that the sprout will turn into. Feelings, so shy, gentle, fragile. One wrong move, word, look can easily destroy it all. And you cherish them, bring them up, build them, slowly, carefully with a skill of a true sculptor, move after move, stone after stone. Like the fisher, patiently waiting for the fishes to swim into the net. So beautiful, so close, swiming back and forth inches away, and it costs you come major efforts to restrain yourself from making sudden movements that could scare the fish away and spoil it all. And you feel like all it'll take is a few more moments for that feeling to appear, that feeling that ties two people together, turning them into one whole. But for now all that this is, is a few breif glances, cautious words, the heart that stops, forsighting near-by happiness, still afraid to open up, scared of failure. And you suddenly catch yourself thinking, that you don't want to admit those feelings, don't want to hear the answer. You are too afraid to break those dreams and hopes, which you've so carefully cherished. You see, there are only two posibule answers: You can hear "No" and have your heart shadder into million crystal pieces, or "Yes" and wallow in an everyday life and old habits. Honestly...I don't want neither one, nor the other..."

~Rainee

© Copyright 2003 Rainee - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2003-05-14 07:02 PM

Rainee,
Nice Write. I hope to see more. Life is all about choices. No risks certainly minimizes the gains. For me the heartache of not trying was always comparable to the heartache of failing. Personally I'll take my chances.

Welcome to Passions. This is a slow Forum. So I hope you don't have high expectations in Prose. But I do hope you love it hear as much as I have. Somebody will get a welcome surprise into your email box. Watch for it!

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

[This message has been edited by Larry C (05-14-2003 07:03 PM).]

Rainee
since 2003-04-19
Posts 10

2 posted 2003-05-14 09:26 PM

That's a whole lot for replying Larry C. Unfortunatly I kinda of had very high expactations from the forum. I write a bit of prose you see. I've been on this forum for a while and I've been reading up on a few writers. I do like it here, and I love poetry, That's something that needs practice tho, so until I come up with something more or less 'decent' I'll stay away from posting in poerty ^.^ Thanx a whole lot for the welcom and the reply.

~Rainee

Chapter One
since 2003-05-13
Posts 1

3 posted 2003-05-15 09:12 AM

Nice writing.
Nice replying.
Thank you all.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2003-05-15 09:38 AM

Rainee, we have discussion groups, poetry groups, small philosophical areas, more poetry areas, and of course, our prose forum where you can and should expect to stretch your imagination's wings and fly to your heart's content.  If you have any questions, we have easily accessible rules and guidelines.  In the meantime, Welcome to Passions!  Please, check your E-mail for a Special Greeting!

Karilea - if I whisper, will you listen?

Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
5 posted 2003-05-16 04:58 PM

One of the things about it being a slow forum, Rainee, is that you're not in danger of sinking down to the bottom... I think you'll get quite a few reads.

Your thoughts on love?  Yep, that's the way it is.  

Can I make a critique?  Of course I can.  I think you should work on dividing it into more distinct paragraphs so it's a little easier on the eyes to read.  Otherwise, this is some really cool writing... very insightful, you've got quite the head on your shoulders.

Welcome to piptalk.     Have fun reading, replying and sharing with everyone...

Parasite

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
6 posted 2003-05-31 05:01 PM

Enjoyed...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Love - is anticipation

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary