navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Wardrobe for Rainy Day
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Wardrobe for Rainy Day Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

0 posted 2002-10-23 02:38 PM

It’s easy to get lost in the season change or in the internal changes of our self. Rain falling today leaves drops that hang below the branch like clear pearls draped over an outstretched finger. In the Spring, they might have been called pregnant, or been compared to drops of milk from an unsuckled breast forming on bared nipple waiting to nourish the babe just born. But, this is Fall and rebirth is not the seasonal image for them. This day, they are grey in a world winding down to colder nights and retain a thickness reminding me of ice.

I think of her when seasons change or when it rains a slow steady drip that soaks in eventual misery to a chill, and I am not sure if it is the chill or the memory that makes me shiver. I left her years ago. The usual distance having grown between the who we were and the who we had become left our arms too short to reach each other and our hearts so distant we no longer felt the pulse of us. No dramatic stories here, and no great wrongs, just time and erosion taking their usual toll on those living unaware, still it saddens.

I need to find my coat and have it cleaned. One never knows when it will freeze and I hate being chilled.

© Copyright 2002 Cpat Hair - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2002-10-23 03:05 PM

on those sort of days? Nothing like a nice potato soup!

okay, okay...I SEE

(said the blind man)

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
2 posted 2002-10-23 03:45 PM

Ron

A feeling, all wrapped up in a raindrop.  Left me chilled too, and nodding that yes, I understand this is how it can be.  Well done!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2002-10-23 04:34 PM

Thanks for the reminder
for holding the ticket
is not enough
to keep us warm,
and I too, need to free my jacket

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

4 posted 2002-10-24 01:07 AM

The usual distance having grown between the who we were and the who we had become left our arms too short to reach each other and our hearts so distant we no longer felt the pulse of us. No dramatic stories here, and no great wrongs, just time and erosion taking their usual toll on those living unaware, still it saddens.
======================================

I wasnt expecting this to turn where it did, so wrapped up in your imagery in the opening paragraph..I didnt see winter coming in....
Ive a chill of my own...not from the change of seasons..but of the cold, glaring reflection of the mirrors found in your words. Its like living with the dread of winter knowing theres no chance of early spring ... Hibernation and denial..aren't that different.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Wardrobe for Rainy Day

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary