navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Samples
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Samples Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York

0 posted 2002-09-28 12:42 PM

Laying on the fresh cut grass gazing up at the cloudless sky, the scent of lilies hangs in the air. The stars are sparkling like freshly cut diamonds. Its very cold out this evening. Its three days until Christmas. I opted not to go out with my family tonight.

My Parents and three little sisters Kayla, Madison and Nichole went to go shopping and then they have reservations at Red Robin. My older brothers Mark and Kyle went to a Christmas party at Corinne’s house, I expect them home within the hour.

Since I have been outside tonight I have seen about a dozen shooting stars. It is incredible how the just shoot across the sky. Someday I would like to be  a star, well not a Hollywood star, I want to be a star that sparkles like a diamond in the black lit night. When I get to heaven I want to become a star.

…..briiing…….briiing…..

“Hello, Connor Residence this is Katie.”
“Hi, Katie, This is County General Hospital is there an adult available?”
“Uh, No I am home alone. I don’t expect anyone home for a couple of hours.”
“Is there a way I can get a hold of the parents of Kyle and Mark Connor? Or cell phone number?”
“They don’t have a cell phone, and nobody let me in on where they were going. Is there anything I can do to help?”
“Do you have any relatives nearby that I can contact?”
“No, The nearest is my Aunt but she lives 18 hours away in Los Angeles.”
“I really need someone over here at the hospital to help us out, there was a bad accident tonight and we are trying to get everything fixed. If you hear from your parents soon tell them to go to County General Hospital. Thank You”
“Can’t I help? Can you tell me what is going on? What happened?”
….click………click…..

Something happened either during the party or on the way home and it involves Mark and Kyle. I need to do something. I don’t know where anyone is right this second and I am out of gas in my car. I could make it to the gas station but I can’t afford gas and get presents for my family. I guess getting my parents to the hospital is more important than gifts right now.  I am going to call Julie and have her come with me.

…….743-3284…………...
….riiiing…..riiiing…………...
“Hello, Julie speaking.”
“Julie, this is Katie. I need you to come on a wild goose chase with me. I need to find my parents. Mark and Kyle were in an accident, please come help me. I’ll be there in 3 minutes.”
“Okay, I wasn’t doing anything. See you in a couple of minutes.”
….click…..click……

© Copyright 2002 Kellie M. Cantrell - All Rights Reserved
skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
1 posted 2002-09-28 09:44 PM

Very sad, Kellie. Are you going to continue it?

--Beth

Howl at the stars, whisper when you're sleeping, I'll be there to hold you, I'll be there to stop the chills and all the weeping.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Samples

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary