navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Romance Tucked In Fiction's Aisle
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Romance Tucked In Fiction's Aisle Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Krishankins
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-06-23
Posts 972
Texas

0 posted 2002-09-26 01:45 PM

Stars lined the walls where I squandered my nights. I lived fictitious lives with scripted endings. They all knew my name, and why I'd came....again.
I was in search of something fictitious. Something called love.
Sure, you read about it, or hear it caressed in a conversation more often than not. I suppose somewhere it really does exist. Although, in my world, I have yet to know what has become another four letter word.
I ventured into the false-life cafe that evening expecting nothing more than yet another two hour story that I would imagine myself living in.
What I didn't expect, was to find romance tucked low in the fiction aisle. It appeared as a peripheral vision at first, stunning my senses so that my breath faltered.
Surely I was hallucinating, or suffering some reasonable dillusion. Then, just as I had began to accept her as a figment of my imagination, she smiled at me.
Many months have passed now, and I have found that my need for those scripted endings has played itself out. Romance, once only a word, now has a name and a face. She was where I had lost my longing for reality, and so it should be fitting that only there would I find her....Brianna.
In this life I live now, the ending is yet to be scribed. The plot unknown to us. There is only one thing for certain, this is where I found romance, tucked low in fiction's aisle.

I just thought I'd write a little diddy about meeting a very special person recently.....okay, not so recently, but I have only gotten to know her well recently. I met her at the local Blockbuster. We have started what I hope to be a long and prosperous relationship. I just had to share it with you guys!! She is truly wonderful!

Kris

Hey dog, did you see the size of that chicken!?

[This message has been edited by Krishankins (09-26-2002 04:26 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Kristopher Hankins - All Rights Reserved
Mother_Earth
since 2000-11-20
Posts 1370
1/2 year Texas & 1/2 year Michigan
1 posted 2002-09-27 09:19 AM

Krishankins, this is great!  Hope it stays in this happy state.  Fingers crossed,  ME
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2002-09-27 11:09 PM

I enjoyed this but would like to see you expand on it. Although it's reality to you, make it fiction..let us know you and Brianna.

"and why I'd came....again"

I think this should read 'and why I came'

Please write some more! If you need inspiration, read some of the prose here!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Romance Tucked In Fiction's Aisle

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary