navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Silent Retrospection
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Silent Retrospection Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

0 posted 2002-01-05 09:36 AM

Sharon sat at the kitchen table staring out the window. As she drank her coffee, she sat in quiet retrospection of her life.
Her mind drifted back to the day that Mike had come home from work so excited about his transfer. Even though it meant
moving into another state, they had come to look at it as a second chance for a better life.

She could remember how that night they had went out to celebrate. They danced into the early morning, as they held each
other tightly, bodies pressed together. Sharon remembered the way that Mike had made love to her that night. It was filled
with such a passion that he had never displayed before. She could still feel every touch, every kiss as though it was just
yesterday. A sad smile escaped her as she daydreamed about it.

The morning sun was shining brightly through the window, but yet Sharon thought this house felt cold. Ever since they
had moved here it had just never seemed to become home.
The promises that the company had made to Michael had never come true. The transfer did not provide the raise that
Michael had been led to believe. Their plans had been changed, and with it their dreams seemed to be gone. Michael had
become depressed and withdrawn.

Sharon sat sipping her coffee reflecting. Reflecting about the life they had, the life they had given up for the dream of a
better life. In her her heart she knew that there was little hope or reason left to hang on to the dream, for she knew what
life for her and Michael had become, and that there was no way to go back. Sharon loved Michael, and would stay by his
side through it all and she would smile, but it was such a sad smile.

On the wings of words our spirits fly....and our souls are free.
~Me~

(I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance~Garth)

© Copyright 2002 dmsmith - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2002-01-13 07:44 AM

It's times [and writings] like this that a couple either drift apart, or pull together...this sures sounds like a pull-together piece...

Silenty enjoyed this.

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

2 posted 2002-01-13 02:01 PM

Thank you Sunshine.  This was just one of those pieces I wrote a few years ago when reflecting on how sometimes even if the dream doesn't come true, love prevails, and there is always tomorrow......we call it hope.  Thanks hon.  
  Donna

On the wings of words our spirits fly....and our souls are free.
~Me~

(I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance~Garth)

HumbleBee
since 2002-01-06
Posts 52
Kentucky
3 posted 2002-01-13 04:08 PM

A touching story...all our dreams may not come true but that doesn't keep us from dreaming new dreams, new visions of happiness. I always think of Scarlett in "Gone With the Wind"..."After all, tomorrow's another day..."
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

4 posted 2002-01-13 08:16 PM

I enjoyed this, would like to read more.

Kathleen--(Kay)
A true friend does not love you for who you are, but in spite of who you are." -- Caroline Tran

poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
5 posted 2002-01-22 04:37 PM

dear gentle spirit,

this sounds like a wonderful starting point for a longer, more involved prose work... i'd love to see this brief story outline develop into something with a little more meat on it... if you'd like to set about that but aren't sure where to start then i'm sure one of the moderators would be willing to help you and either way you can always fire an email my way... it sounds like a powerful storyline though... i already feel for your character... keep up the good work...

sincerely,
jerome

Do not be deaf to me, for if you are silent I shall go down to the pit like the rest. (Psalm 28)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Silent Retrospection

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary