navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Device
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Device Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
thepoeticplumber
since 2001-05-15
Posts 185

0 posted 2001-12-23 08:52 PM

The Device

Let us now join two young teenage boys, talking about a particular girl.

"You know, I don't stand a chance with Jill, as long as Jack's around."

His friend agreed.

"You have to confront him, if you want Jill, and I have a plan."

Young Romeo thought, and said, "If I confront Jack, he will beat me up for sure."

His friend smiled.

"Here is where my plan comes in,"  he said.  "You see, I have this device with a button on it.  When you press the button, it smells like you just had a terrible accident in your pants.  And it works great.  I'm living proof."

After thinking hard for  a whole minute, he agreed to try his friend's device.  After all, he could not think of anything himself.

The very next day after school, with Jill in sight, he confronted Jack.  His anxious friend hid nearby, crouching behind a bush.

He talked and talked to Jack for quite some time.  Then all of a sudden, Jack's hand rose to pinch his nose, and he ran off quickly.

On seeing this, the friend darted from his hiding place towards his successful buddy.  As he reached the young Romeo, his own hands went up to his nose.

"It worked! It worked," he shrieked.

The reply came quickly.

"Your stupid device didn't work!  I had to take things into my own hands."  

© Copyright 2001 thepoeticplumber - All Rights Reserved
amusemi
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1262
A State of Disarray
1 posted 2002-01-03 11:29 PM

This is funny!!  I liked it a lot!  ANd laughed, oh how I laughed!

thepoeticplumber
since 2001-05-15
Posts 185

2 posted 2002-01-04 06:59 PM

Well! I am certainly glad you got a kick out of my little short story.  One of my hobbies is writing these little one pagers. Many are of a comical nature, while others are meant to be a bit more serious.  I have compiled over a hundred, and I am trying to figure out how to get them out.  You are my first reader of one on the internet.  Thank you.  Roger    

poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
3 posted 2002-01-22 04:41 PM

dear poeticplumber,

oh my ^_^* that's... well... disgusting... but funny in it's own right... perhaps you could share some of your other "one-pagers"?

sincerely,
jerome

Do not be deaf to me, for if you are silent I shall go down to the pit like the rest. (Psalm 28)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Device

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary