navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Alternative Coping
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Alternative Coping Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2001-06-12 03:45 AM

I write, with the same longing of an adopted child--
in search of eyes somewhat similar, and a grin that tilts just so. I write in search of my family. I write in search of home. I write because I can't NOT write. I write. Delete. I write, alone...and yet? With a willingness to connect, as if every word deserves a poem and should be tacked on trees,
and written in clouds across the sky. Sometimes that's where I find my words--written in the clouds. I tap my fingers full of hope, and pray someone will read them and then recognize me...understand, and SEE. And I write them---little parts of me, tiny jagged puzzle pieces, precisely so ill-fitting, just the way I am.

Now I know there are worlds within. I hear the tapping on the prison walls. Freedom is the art of thought--the ability to see reality as an illusion and then dive into a looking glass of alternative COPING. And then call that going home.

If I had a goal (and I don't) it would be that I could construct a net of such precision that I could bring back all the broken people that encompass the mosaic crazy tile that is my life--and have us all stand together and AGREE. Yes. Life sucks. It's unfair. But somehow, even in the madness, we can stand together, at gravesides, and christenings, and christmas trees and maypoles--and should just one of us light a candle? Then we all see the better for it.

© Copyright 2001 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Sharon
since 2001-06-04
Posts 53
Within a whisper
1 posted 2001-06-12 09:52 AM

Not only do I like the way this is written, I like the message!  
Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
2 posted 2001-06-12 10:41 AM

This is strange.  I like use of the verb "tap."  It's coincidental that I just used that same verb as a repitition in a work of mine that I posted here yesterday.  Heh... that's very spooky.  
Anyways, I must agree that I like how this is written.  The organization of sentences and the way they are worked with is very good.  Kudos to you, dear Serenity, on a marvelous job.  
Until next time,
~Allan

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.  
~Unknown

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2001-06-12 07:57 PM

Thanks guys...wasn't sure what I was trying to do here...except break through a rhyming barrier. Oddly, I just wanted to try writing something straight to the keys in prose. Guess I'm just looking for my "voice" again.
Appreciate your reading! Thank you!!!!

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

4 posted 2001-06-12 08:00 PM

I write because I can't NOT write. I write. Delete. I write, alone...and yet? With a willingness to connect, as if every word deserves a poem and should be tacked on trees,
and written in clouds across the sky. Sometimes that's where I find my words--written in the clouds. I tap my fingers full of hope, and pray someone will read them and then recognize me...understand, and SEE. And I write them---little parts of me, tiny jagged puzzle pieces, precisely so ill-fitting, just the way I am.
=====================================

and you write them...little parts of ME...
tiny jagged mirror pieces when put together reflect you and then me ...
please dont ever stop ... for I breathe  when I inhale your rhymes.
me

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

5 posted 2001-06-12 08:02 PM

LOL....Look at the times...
So were off by 3 mins...one twin has to come first  

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2001-06-12 08:14 PM

ROFL...I love you Jan.  
Dr. Jo-Bizz
since 2001-06-06
Posts 97

7 posted 2001-06-13 01:00 AM

aww.. that's great.  i like your word choice and how you use sentence fragments, often just single words, throughout.  I also liked.... how to say this.. the personal aspect of this piece.  like it was a little window into your thoughts.  

dr. jo-bizz

But His word was in my heart
like a burning fire
Shut up in my bones;
I was weary of holding back,
And I could not.

vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
8 posted 2003-07-24 02:30 PM

"I write, with the same longing of an adopted child--
in search of eyes somewhat similar, and a grin that tilts just so. I write in search of my family. I write in search of home. I write because I can't NOT write. I write. Delete. I write, alone...and yet? With a willingness to connect, as if every word deserves a poem and should be tacked on trees,
and written in clouds across the sky. Sometimes that's where I find my words--written in the clouds. I tap my fingers full of hope, and pray someone will read them and then recognize me...understand, and SEE. And I write them---little parts of me, tiny jagged puzzle pieces, precisely so ill-fitting, just the way I am."

YES...you write...I read...I understand...I SEE.

Love you, lady.

"My friends are my estate."
~Emily Dickinson

[This message has been edited by vlraynes (07-24-2003 02:31 PM).]

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
9 posted 2003-07-24 03:28 PM

And no one writes like you...I read and learn every time...

Susan C.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Alternative Coping

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary