navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » at last
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic at last Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ixtab
since 1999-06-23
Posts 105
MEXICAlpan de las tunas

0 posted 1999-08-26 05:46 PM

I´ve been sitting all day inside my one room hut. Soon the unending strike of the tropical rain will colapse my ceiling, and i´ll probably die crushed by the weight of the falling heaven. My neighbors have urged and yelled for me to get out, the conditions of my ceiling are evident and everyone fears what i expect. The only one i let in was Don Ru, an old farmer with a golden heart. "How you doing", he asked me , aparently unconcerned by the danger he exposed himself to, by entering my hut, "I´m fine, but are you not going to billlow me to get out of here like everyone else?", "Why should I?" he answered, "it´s your like ain´t it?" and he smiled straight from his noble heart.

I once lived in another jungle called city, had a steady stream of money , a wife, a status, economic viability,two lovers, two obnoxious brats i never learned how to raise (electronic babysitters did that job for me), health insurance, mortage, domestic affairs, emotionaly sterile encounters with my family. taking sudden impulses had never been my norm. One day I just took the impulse to leave my pseudo life behind.

I arrived here, in the middle of nowhere as any dumb city dweller would say. I was in fact surrounded by everything. My habits differd a little from what everyone usualy practiced in this small poor town(everyone went to bed before 10). I adapted
I learned from simple people like Don Ru.

Yet i can´t be happy. I see how the little childs who barely know what a tv is smile and play, and scarcely fear the rain. I see Don Ru opening his mouth, tasting the sweet liquid gift from heave, stretching his arms and closing his eyes. they are. I can never be. ever. better die now-

© Copyright 1999 Ixtab - All Rights Reserved
sasanka7
since 2010-11-17
Posts 30

1 posted 2010-11-24 10:46 AM

Nice to read.
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2010-11-26 09:10 PM

Nice writing...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » at last

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary