navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » People Love
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic People Love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sweeetsuz
since 2000-07-23
Posts 770
Fresno CA.

0 posted 2001-05-09 10:43 AM

I wanted to tell you about some people I saw.. One story,  a couple, two years ago, around the holidays.. I was temping (banquet bartending) at the Holiday Inn, here, at the airport. I had to wait for another bartender that I had given a ride to, so I went into the main bar to sit down and wait... There were the regular folks that you always see in lounges, and the band was playing, so some were dancing.... A couple in their hmmm mid thirties came out on the floor and started to dance. She was kind of frumpy, and a bit thick in the waist, from bearing children.. he looked soft and out of shape no rock hard abs there...pudgy face, glasses, clean scrubbed pocket protector type, no one’s “ideal, stud muffin” here.  Until they were in each others arms.. and a miracle happened, right there on a barroom dance floor at the Holiday Inn, in of all the god forsaken places, Fresno. They were transformed and became works of art and when they looked at each other, ahhh how I envied them.. So much love and sensuality, they glistened and radiated... So wonderfully they moved and as they gazed into each others eyes, I wished.....

Today I saw a couple at the window to pick up refills at the pharmacy at Lemoore.. A couple, maybe my generation in front of me and they were being stalled by the staff and made to wait.. His legs were spread, resolute and unmoving while she fidgeted. The scenario unfolded, she was ill and they wanted to travel, and were trying to get backups and pharmacy’s at their destinations and the thing was becoming a real travesty. She was tiring and he was unyielding and the thing played out... He told the staff that he would wait, would not move aside, and still he stood as solid as an oak defending his love and getting her what she needed.. She went to sit, not doing well and leaving her "knight" to the battle, she passed her hand, so delicately, with out even touching him down his back and across his buttocks, a thing done many, many times before with old comfortable and remembered intimacy. He felt no touch and yet by his reaction you knew that he knew and loved what she had done.. His back straightened and he continued to stand for his "lady" resolute and in love yet.... I watched and I wished..... She smiled knowing that he knew and loved.....
That is what I miss and what I seek.. To be loved and to be part of a team that asks nothing and wants everything. To be "one" with two complete and separate parts that clockwork together like well oiled gears. To have that deep and wondrous intimacy that is only found with true love.. the kind that transcends all others and makes us as the gods, for the wonder of it..

Blessed be and merrily met with good thoughts and feelings to all

© Copyright 2001 Suz Madaus - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » People Love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary