navwin » Discussion » Q & A » How long til u can post in diff forum?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic How long til u can post in diff forum? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ladybug
since 2003-06-17
Posts 236
Massachusetts

0 posted 2003-07-21 11:09 AM

Hello!  I was wondering how long you should wait until you repost your poem in another forum.  I thought I saw this mentioned somewhere on the site, but for some reason I cannot find it again.  For example, if you have a poem in CA with 0 responses, and you want to post it in Dark, is there a certain time you should wait out of courtesy?

Thanks so much!
Shannon  

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

© Copyright 2003 Shannon - All Rights Reserved
littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
1 posted 2003-07-21 11:32 AM

Shannon,

This one I would definitely call on Nan, Kit, Sharon or Karilea.  I belive it would be ok to transfer - there are no replies.
Contact the mod of that forum (see Members Help area and go to contact us - there you will see each Mod for each forum.

Sorry, I am not helping much
but I do believe it would be ok to move
(then again LOL I may be discredited)
xxoo  

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2003-07-21 11:42 AM

Good morning.  Cross posting may be done from Critical Analysis or the Poetry Workshop, and that's the ONLY forums from which you can take the input, revise your poem, or cross-post as is, and vice-versa [you post in any of the forums, get good response - and want to see what the critics have to say about it - or how it can be enhanced via Poetry Workshop.]

As for reposting a favorite poem - only do this if it's coming from an archived forum.  This can be done when your muse is on vacation - when you want to remember someone - or just because you like the poem.  I sometimes go back a year or so [i.e., if the forum was just closed, I'm not going to repost something that many eyes have had an opportunity to see just a few days ago.]

Hope this answers your question, LadyBug.

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (07-21-2003 11:45 AM).]

Ladybug
since 2003-06-17
Posts 236
Massachusetts
3 posted 2003-07-21 07:47 PM

Thanks Littlewing and Sunshine!

OK, I just want to make sure I understand this, so please bear with me, lol  

You can always cross-post from CA to another forum (i.e.Open or Dark) or vice versa, but not from, say, Open to Dark, right?  And is there a "standard" time frame I should wait before posting my poems from CA (with 0 or little responses) to another forum, like Dark or Corner Pub?  

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!  I'm fairly new to PIP, but I've really enjoyed it so far.  

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

[This message has been edited by Ladybug (07-21-2003 07:50 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » How long til u can post in diff forum?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary