navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Moderator
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Moderator Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA

0 posted 1999-10-15 05:03 AM

How does one get to become a moderator and what does their job entail? Thought I'd ask as I spend a minimum of 4 or 5 hours a day on this site and read every poem in Open poetry as well as alot of the stuff in the other sites.

------------------
Man can not discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

© Copyright 1999 Ruth Kephart - All Rights Reserved
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
1 posted 1999-10-15 10:48 AM

Hoot Owl,
Well, first you have to go through moderator boot camp. First step is mental preparation, when all existing moderators get to gather around you and badger you with unanswerable questions for three days or so, unless of course you snap. Then there's the physical endurance preparation, basically you can run a standard triathalon followed by a military obsticle course or just swim across the Pacific without benefit of a shark cage. If you wish, you can knock out both tests at the same time by taking a three day bus ride to Washington D.C. singing "I'm Off To See The Wizard" the entire way.

Of course, you might just ask Ron, the qualifications today may not be as stringent as the were for me.

I believe he is looking for help all the time and with you spending that much time on the forums anyway, I'm sure he could use your help.

------------------
Michael Anderson

When God puts a tear in your eye,
He puts a rainbow in your heart.

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 10-15-1999).]

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 1999-10-15 08:20 PM

Being one of the first moderators, my experience was much different than Michael's! First there was the begging on bended knees, there there was the crying..then I told Ron to please stand up and stop that! Then I said yes....then I was crowned..a wonderful ceremony with a lavish banquet afterwards. Then I got the keys to my "moderator mobile". There! That's it!
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
3 posted 1999-10-15 10:49 PM

Laughs...okay you two, I've communicated with Ron on the subject and I just think he may take it a bit easier on me, what with being a nurse and all, never know, he may need one someday....LOL
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 1999-10-16 12:04 PM

Bite your tounge! Never been sick a day in my life... (besides, hoot, my daughter is also a nurse )
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
5 posted 1999-10-16 12:16 PM

Oh, can see it may take some bribary....LOL
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
6 posted 1999-10-16 05:12 AM

...But once you get the job, things change drastically - I have to spend all my time keeping Michael and Balladeer in line. Did you ever try to do something like that? They're both in totally different parts of the country from me... They both have very different idiosyncrasies (you all know what they are)... and they're both MEN!!!

I mean just think about it - I'm doomed.. It's an impossible job from the start... Michael isn't too bad, but Balladeer is another story. I'm considering banishing them both to the adult forum (but they'd probably both thank me) - but then life on OP#3 would be much too boring, I'm sure....

[This message has been edited by Nan (edited 10-16-1999).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Moderator

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary