navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » I, Antoninus
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic I, Antoninus Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

0 posted 2001-02-13 10:52 PM

I, Antoninus would rather be here lowest servant to my Lord Spartacus and His Lady, Florenia, than chief steward of even Marcus Licenius Crassus Himself, The Emperor.
He is not true royalty,even WITH his trillions of cestersi.
When he looks at me, my blood runs colder than the winter in Rome itself. I fear. I quake. I tremble. I could fall upon the Roman Javelin and gore myself to death , like an ox.
My Lord Spartacus and His Lady Florenia are a kind Master and Mistress.
For I remember too well the combat in Capri, the Nubian himself surrendered his life so My Lord Spartacus would live. His final words to my Lord were 'Brother I will die before I again see 2 men fight as beasts to thir deaths.' The Nubian kept his promise. My Lord Spartacus will identical, I do believe that.
'Crassus, Sire, I am servant to Spartacus and Florenia, Never to thee again. Never to thee again. Never.

© Copyright 2001 lordmakemeweak - All Rights Reserved
Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
1 posted 2001-02-14 05:28 PM

I don't remember exactly but was this Tim Curtis in the movie? Certainly, this is different from what we usually get here but unless I'm missing something, it seems a little too straightforward for my taste. I definitely encourage the dramatic monologue format but wonder if you might shoot for a bit more irony as well.

Think Edgar Lee Masters and the Spoon River Anthology.

Just an opinion,
Brad

lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

2 posted 2001-02-14 06:35 PM

Brad, Hi, Bud!

Tim Curtis? LOL

Tony Curtis, as Antoninus.

Your opinion, stated in a moderatorial manner or otherwise, is fully respected
and appreciated.

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
3 posted 2001-02-14 06:58 PM

Oooops!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » I, Antoninus

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary