navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Cry child
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Cry child Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sexyILN
since 2000-11-20
Posts 29

0 posted 2000-12-09 04:29 PM

Somewhere
a child is crying
Cry, child, cry
Cry, child
the world cannot last much longer
unless we change
Cry, child
For the children in third world countries
who are eaten alive
by vultures
(all the people there
are too busy making Nike shoes
and Adidas jackets
and Rip Zone coats
to help)
Cry, child
for our shameful abuse
of Mother Nature
Cry, child
for the people
who are persecuted
for speaking our against their
corrupt government
Cry, child
for the people
who will be abused today
Cry, child
for the people
who will go hungry today
And, child...
cry for the people
who will die today

...peace as a primary goal, is dangerous because it implies that you will sacrifice any principle for the sake of it....
Robert Kaplan

© Copyright 2000 sexyILN - All Rights Reserved
Pearls_Of_Wisdom
since 2000-09-02
Posts 175

1 posted 2000-12-09 05:39 PM

I thought your poem was written well and with a lot of emotion. I feel that way sometimes, too. Other times, though, I think that despairing over what's wrong with the world only adds to the problem. I feel that it is important to help those who need help, but also to put as much love and hope out there as possible, because I think that's what will ultimately change the world. Those are just my thoughts, though, and I'm not sharing them to criticize yours. You are entitled to feel whatever way you feel about things. Take care and keep writing! =)
sexyILN
since 2000-11-20
Posts 29

2 posted 2000-12-10 03:12 PM

This poem isn't really written to make you think I'm sitting here crying, but not doing anything. I am in a group of wonderful people who are trying to make a difference. I wrote this poem to make people aware of what is happening out there. Thanks for commenting though!
See ya!

...peace as a primary goal, is dangerous because it implies that you will sacrifice any principle for the sake of it....
Robert Kaplan

sexyILN
since 2000-11-20
Posts 29

3 posted 2000-12-11 11:16 PM

...And the masses were silent...
Come on people! Say something! I didn't post this for nothing (or I hope not!). Sorry, bad day. Oh well. I'll live.  

Robert Kaplan

dreamer1 12 5 24
since 2000-12-11
Posts 150
crossing between
4 posted 2000-12-11 11:43 PM

hello! I'm ILN, but with a new name, the last one was an idea of a friend of mine, now that I've got a better idea of my own, I'll use it instead.

sexyILN

....peace as a primary objective is dangerous because it implies that we would sacrifice anything for the sake of it....

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Cry child

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary