navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Words
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Words Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
tig
since 2000-04-05
Posts 10

0 posted 2000-04-18 09:26 AM

Words
  Flow from my mind
    Out my fingers
     On this screen
       I post for thee
Words
  Provoke emotions
    Causing commotion
      Feedback to me
Words
   Enlighten the mind
     To some degree
My Words
   My Life
      Mine  Mine

© Copyright 2000 tig - All Rights Reserved
jbouder
Member Elite
since 1999-09-18
Posts 2534
Whole Sort Of Genl Mish Mash
1 posted 2000-04-18 05:27 PM

Tig:

I like the idea here but I just couldn't get the thought out of my head that the thoughts in the second "Words" stanza seemed backwards.  It seems clear from the first stanza that you are typing words that you see on the computer screen.  It follows that the words originate from (rather than provoke) the emotions and commotion.  Emotions, for me anyway, often are what provoke me to write or type words to describe them.  Are you following me?

I suppose if you are reading words of another on the computer screen then the emotions would follow the words.  If this is what you are trying to say I would suggest that you make your intention a little more clear.

Again, I like the idea.  By the way, if I haven't welcomed you to CA already, welcome!

Jim

Elyse
since 2000-04-16
Posts 414
Apex (think raleigh) NC
2 posted 2000-04-18 07:11 PM

hey tig! i like the cascading indentions here, most places it seems like an affectation, but here it works.  after the second Words, the last line in that - stanza ahould i call it? - it seems to me that a feeling line would work better. like, tell what the words do to or for you, since you've said what they do to outsiders.  JMHO
luv Elyse

tig
since 2000-04-05
Posts 10

3 posted 2000-04-19 08:39 AM

Thank you jb, I appreciate any input..and you  are right !...     I'm enjoying reading everyone's poems..

tig

Elyse,  thank you for your comment..I see what you mean ...              
                                    tig

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
4 posted 2000-04-20 04:38 AM

Welcome to CA but, well, this is CA and I've got a reputation to uphold such as it is.

1. I post for thee?  Sorry, I know we've had this argument here before but it just seems like your using that word to rhyme and only to rhyme.

2. Why are we so possessive at the end of this poem?

I thought Jim was on to something and that you might want to expand the idea of interactive words -- explore the commotion and the feedback a bit more and see what happens.  Show us how your own words or someone else's can create the sensation that you wish to pursue here.

Just an opinion,
Brad

tig
since 2000-04-05
Posts 10

5 posted 2000-04-20 10:02 AM

Brad, I'm glad you have a reputation to uphold, for it has given me many smiles lately...  Thank you for your comments..

tig

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Words

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary