navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Well How 'Bout That?
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Well How 'Bout That? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Wordshaman
since 2000-01-17
Posts 110
Illinois, USA

0 posted 2000-04-07 11:10 PM

Where'd Trevor go?  Is it safe for us common, moderator-fearing folk now?    And why was that insulting string that he put forth upon me erased?  Hmm....ah well.  Maybe I'll be around.

© Copyright 2000 Greg Butler - All Rights Reserved
Wordshaman
since 2000-01-17
Posts 110
Illinois, USA
1 posted 2000-04-08 08:30 PM

Back to the top with me...what a poignant point...hmm....

(..."There's a party--you'd like to go.
You could meet someone who really loves you.
So you go and you stand on your own,
And you leave on your own,
And you go home and you cry
And you want to die...

You shut your mouth!
How can you say I go about things the wrong way?
I am human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does...)

Melodramatic, but oddly fitting.  Maybe everyone in here didn't get to see what ol' Trev said to me before somebody erased the evidence.  

Adieu et au revoir.

Wordshaman

Poertree
since 1999-11-05
Posts 1359
UK
2 posted 2000-04-09 03:44 AM

ws

i saw that thread.  Also saw nearly all your other threads and poems some of which i replied to and liked a lot.  Differences sometimes happen between people, Trev is a great poet and good person and i guess you the same.  I know for a fact that you weren't alone in all your opinions by any means (and neither was Trev for that matter), if you had stuck around that would maybe have become clear.  Certainly there was no need to "leave on your own ..... go home ... cry ..." ...

I'm not posting here much myself at the moment (too busy in r/l), but i wanted to let you know i read what you write, and that includes your poems..

Philip

Tony Di Bart
since 2000-01-26
Posts 160
Toronto, Canada
3 posted 2000-04-09 09:07 AM

Welcome back.  

I have no time to comment on your poem.  I would just like to say welcome back and I look forward to reading some more of your poems and comments on others.

See Ya

warmhrt
since 1999-12-18
Posts 1563

4 posted 2000-04-09 12:03 PM

Hi Words,

I'd just like to say that I always liked your poetry, and didn't like seeing you leave. Though Trev and I sometimes had our differences, I'm very sad to see him go. He was very talented, and, though we may not have agreed on some things, I respected his right to have his opinion, as I'm sure he did mine. Well, glad to see ya back, and looking forward to your work.

Kris

the poet's pen...gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name ~ Shakespeare

Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
5 posted 2000-04-09 02:26 PM

Always the victim aren't you Wordshaman? Poor little melodramatic you.
If anyone wants to know about the post, (I didn't erase it BTW), I told Word that I didn't like him nor the way he talked down to people. I believe that thread was the one were you said that mine and some other comments about your poem were "laughable". That the forty five minutes I spent critiquing one of your poems was "laughable"....BTW you are such an ingrate. Now personally I found that very insulting and because YOU decided to continue your rude ways, I decided to tell you openly and honestly how I felt about you....which was "I don't like you."...and until you or I change, that still stands. I believe I also said that your "misunderstood genius" complex annoyed me, or something along that lines...but of course Mr. Morrisey...errrr....Wordshaman what you have forgotten to tell everyone that I also said I wasn't trying to drive you away and that I thought you had a lot to offer Critical Analysis and that I hoped you stayed. So I'll recap it all for you, basically I told you that I honestly did not like you (is that a crime?) but I thought you wrote well and had something to offer CA. How did I drive you away again? Is it that difficult for you to except that someone may not like you or has a different opinion?

Did you ever stop and seriously think that perhaps you helped create that "insulting" (why was honesty so insulting) comment I wrote? Was I unjustified in my feelings? I know you think that everything you do is golden but it really isn't. You seem to have a penchant for melodramatics and always trying to convey that everyone is wrong about everything concerning yourself. If someone doesn't get a poem of yours its because THEY are stupid and not because your poem is weak (because you don't write weak poems). If someone disagrees with you it is because THEY don't understand and not vice versa (because you are never wrong). Now I'm not trying to say that you are never right about anything, I'm just trying to tell you that you are not always right about everything. I can't recall you ever being humble enough to ever apoligize to anyone here for some of the rude and condescending remarks you have made to them. I've watched you smarmily try and belittle quite a few people here and I think that is what bothers me most about you....your attitude towards others. To me you give off this "vibe" that gives me the impression you think we are all below you. I could be wrong but that's what I get from your words and I know I'm not the only one here who thinks that...otherwise you wouldn't feel so offended when people comment about you as you do them.

Listen Word, just cause I don't like you doesn't mean I have a voodoo doll with pins in it. I wish nothing bad for you its just that I don't like you. So please stop with the Wordshaman annual sympathy drive and stop the game of "who's side are you on?".

So there you have it folks, the truth (or what I remember about the whole thing), I don't like Wordshaman and I told him so. I was insulted by his comments directed not only at me but towards other members here as well. I had enough of him thinking that a certain orafice of his did not stink and I decided to tell him that his "no-one-understands-my-genius" rountine was straining my nerves. Was that such a bad thing?

Philip:
"Differences sometimes happen between people"

I disagree  

"Trev is a great poet and good person"

Both points are heavily debatable. Thanks for the comments.

Kris:
"Though Trev and I sometimes had our differences, I'm very sad to see him go."

Yes we have had our share of disagreements and I'm sorry that you still haven't figured out that I was right about all of them    

"He was very talented, and, though we may not have agreed on some things, I respected his right to have his opinion, as I'm sure he did mine."

Kris I've always respected your right to be wrong     BTW Thanks for the compliments.

Well I guess I'll see you all around in the future, I going back on haitus, just thought I'd clarify what was said on that thread so Word didn't have to continue dragging that cross up the hill and playing the victimized martyr....poor soul.

Take care everyone...that means you too Wordshaman,
Trevor

Wordshaman
since 2000-01-17
Posts 110
Illinois, USA
6 posted 2000-04-09 02:44 PM

Trevor--I love you, man.

Get over yourself.  I'm over MYself.  Join us...join us...

It's writing.  It's important enough that I'll fight you to the death over it, but...other than that--I stay true to my vision.  That's all I can say about my refuting your critiques at times--I do relent now and then, by the way.  You just have this thing about always being right and having the right to put your beliefs on another person's writing that reeks of an Ayn Rand secondhander.  I can't say anything about that.  

I stay true to my vision.  I'm sorry if I come across egomaniacal when explaining what my vision is to you--no need to get hurtful because your critique gets refuted.  

See you around.  This argument has become fun again.  

Wordshaman

Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
7 posted 2000-04-10 11:47 AM

Oh Wordshaman, stew just can't simmer on your stove can it?

"Get over yourself.  I'm over MYself."

After re-reading what I wrote I can see why you would say this.

"Join us...join us..."

Join what?

"It's writing.  It's important enough that I'll fight you to the death over it, but...other than that--I stay true to my vision."

And what is your vision Word?

"That's all I can say about my refuting your critiques at times--I do relent now and then, by the way."

I have no problem with someone refutting my critiques or anything I say, I have no problem with someone flat out telling me I'm wrong about something nor do I usually have a problem admitting when I'm wrong, I have been persuaded many times here by various people to change my opinions....it however was that particular thread that was my breaking point with you. It is one thing to say that my opinion of what you wrote was wrong, it is another thing though to say that mine and others efforts of reading and commenting on your work was "laughable". Do you not see a difference?? I had sat silent through much of the rude condescending things you have said to people for awhile  and eventually I could keep quiet no longer. It's not about you refuting some of my critiques, why can't you see that.

"You just have this thing about always being right and having the right to put your beliefs on another person's writing that reeks of an Ayn Rand secondhander."

Is this part of the "How Far Can Wordshaman Be From The Truth?" new and unimproved board game? Never have I EVER claimed that any of my interpretations of anyone's work is even close to being right. Never have I had the arrogance to say that it is my way or no way at all nor have I ever tried to force my opinions of a poem onto the writers work. All I ever have done is offer my opinion and I have stated on soooo many occasions that my opinion is only an opinion and is not to be mistaken for my actually knowing something. If anything I have tried to encourage people to freely express themselves even if their thoughts and opinions differ from mine. Perhaps because you believe all you say is right, you think that whenever anyone else expresses themselves they too think that they are right? We all haven't adopted this form of thinking. And pleasssseeee stop confusing something so dramatic like "the right to putting beliefs on another person's writing" with a simple critique or opinion. "Ayn Rand secondhander"...very cute. Did you think of that while scratching your half-assed goatee, dressed in drabby clothes, looking throughout the coffee house to see (and hoping to see) if anyone is watching you scribe brilliance in a crumpled notebook...if they only knew that you were actually using your misunderstood genius like talents to ponder the choice of either buying a red or blue beret and how lattes kick ass. How many times have you used "I'm a passionate poet" thingy at a bar or coffee house to try and pick-up?...that's sooo pathetic.

"I stay true to my vision."

Most rude, arrogant and egotistical people say things like that or like, "I'm not going to change for anyone.", it is called an attempt at justification. Personally I hope I never get to the point where I won't be open to change. What is this vision of yours anyway? The world's most melodramatic poet?

"I'm sorry if I come across egomaniacal when explaining what my vision is to you--no need to get hurtful because your critique gets refuted."

What is this vision stuff you keep talking about???? Are you on a quest??? Do you see the virgin Mary crying blood??? or are you just trying to say poem/poetry everytime you dramatically say "vision"? I'm not hurt at all, just annoyed and it has nothing to do with you refuting something I say. Honestly I have yet to lose sleep over you. I think everyone here has at one time or another disagreed with something I have said, written, expressed, etc. and yet you don't see me showing them contempt do you? Are you picking up on that yet?, there is no one else here who I really dislike other than you. You are an egomaniac in my opinion and I think you're not really sorry that you come across as one, in fact you probably don't really care because you find fault in someone's opinion of you and not in yourself. Is it just that I don't know you well enough to understand you or that I understand you all too well?

"See you around.  This argument has become fun again."

Yeah its a real hoot. Maybe we can sell tickets...the headline can read "Abrasive vs. Egotism".          

Poertree
since 1999-11-05
Posts 1359
UK
8 posted 2000-04-10 04:57 PM

Trev

Everything is heavily debatable.....  

Philip

jbouder
Member Elite
since 1999-09-18
Posts 2534
Whole Sort Of Genl Mish Mash
9 posted 2000-04-10 09:47 PM

Philip:

That is debatable.  

Wordshaman:

I have yet to meet an Ayn Rand secondhander.  But it seems to me that an immature Objectivist would be less concerned with forcing his or her views on another and more concerned with the strengthening of the ego without consideration of the responsibilities of community.  Maybe a PETA eco-terrorist, a frothing member of a Moral Majority fringe, or Jim Carville would better communicate what you were trying to say.    

Trev:

Fight nice.  

Jim

"If I rest, I rust." - Martin Luther

tom
since 2000-01-26
Posts 90
s/w penna u.s.a.
10 posted 2000-04-10 10:03 PM

so this is what e-bitching looks like
Wordshaman
since 2000-01-17
Posts 110
Illinois, USA
11 posted 2000-04-14 08:30 AM

Yeah, ain't it, Tom?  I wish he'd be done with it.  This is my last reply--your last chance to walk away, Trevor.  Just do it.  There's no point to any of this.  

Wordshaman

Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
12 posted 2000-04-14 05:48 PM

Worshaman,

"Yeah, ain't it, Tom?  I wish he'd be done with it."

Errrrrr...be done with it???? Um, wasn't it you who started this thread and even had the esquisite notion of popping it back up to the top of the forum after it had just about disappeared??? Hey man, I let the opening comment go by and wasn't going to say a thing until you pushed it back up and hit the sympathypleaselookatme campaign trail. Ohhhhh wait, I get it now, you're supposed to say whatever you want while we all just listen. Ya you can try and paint me the eternal bad guy but please don't expect me to sit still. And what's with "he'd be done with it"? Aren't we both "e-bitching"?

"This is my last reply--your last chance to walk away, Trevor."

My last chance to walk away??? Notice how I don't respond until you open that yapper of yours. I was content to let an issue that took place over two months ago rest peacefully but ohhhhh nooooooo you had to drag it back up. I did walk away, you are the one who seems to have trouble walking away....are you a last word freak. You strike me as someone who says things like "I don't want to talk about it anymore", or the classic, "And that's the end of the conversation", when a discussion isn't going their way. Do you storm out of rooms as well? Is that it, when you are finished speaking a discussion is over? It's a shame you said it will be you're last reply, perhaps we could have found some respect for one another and truly put this issue to rest for good.

"Just do it."

Did you ask Nike for permission to bite their ad campaigns? What's with the ordering anyways.....who are you to tell me when or what to speak? Don't get ahead of yourself yet Wordshaman, you haven't taken over the world yet, let alone this website.

"There's no point to any of this."

Then why on god's greenhouse gassed earth did you start this thread? In the last post you were saying how much fun this is getting, now you are saying there is no point to this. Why did you start this thread? Please at least answer that question. Was it because I had hurt your feelings that much? Speak boy-speak. It's unfortunate if I had hurt your feelings a couple months back, perhaps if you showed the people here a little more respect then I wouldn't have had to say the things I did. Tell you what, why don't you try and do the opposite thing you've been practising all these years. Instead of making everyone earn 100 percent respect, try giving everyone a 100 percent respect and let them un-earn it...then re-earn it if the lose it? That's what I try and do, kinda like innocent until proven guilty......

Like I said before Word, just because we don't get along doesn't mean I wish you ill. This isn't my annual Wordshaman Hate Telethon. The only thing that keeps me responding is to clarify facts that you seem to dillute or bend to create some sort of sympathy for you....and because you have this habit of always trying to tell people when a conversation is done or wording things in a way to try and make the responding party feel guilty to replying. Well it might work on those few people who pretend to be your friend but not on me. I do hope you respond to this and tell us all why you posted this thread to begin with.

Trevor  

Wordshaman
since 2000-01-17
Posts 110
Illinois, USA
13 posted 2000-04-14 05:51 PM

I'm not even reading your replies anymore.  I don't know why you bother.  

Wordshaman
since 2000-01-17
Posts 110
Illinois, USA
14 posted 2000-04-14 06:21 PM

But Trevor--my angry little man--is it that caustic little tantrum-throwing attitude that brings you out amongst the unwashed masses now, rather than a moderator?  If I weren't so busy in the real world, I'd try for a moderatorship just to spite you.  And I know I wouldn't be a mean little twit like you.

Much love,

Wordshaman

warmhrt
since 1999-12-18
Posts 1563

15 posted 2000-04-14 07:06 PM

Trev, Words,

The problem here is in communication. Both of you could learn better methods of saying what you feel, without causing the other to become defensive. I could be a translator until you learn....how 'bout it?

Kris

Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
16 posted 2000-04-15 06:38 AM

Word,

You baffle me??? Do us a favour, when the nurse tells you the red pills will help you "feel" better, just swallow them will ya?

"I'm not even reading your replies anymore.  I don't know why you bother."

Then you go on to blahdom with your next post. Make up your mind, are you not reading and responding or are you and why? And why couldn't you answer a simple little question? Why did you start this thread??? Tough one to answer??....I'd do it for you but only you really know. I'm curious now to why you won't answer that simple question. Please, if you have time let me know.

"But Trevor--my angry little man--is it that caustic little tantrum-throwing attitude that brings you out amongst the unwashed masses now, rather than a moderator?"

Yep pretty much so. Actually I'm having trouble deciphering you, are you implying I was asked to step down from the moderator spot because of some outburst? You sure love to bake half cooked assumptions don't you? They sound tasteee, can I try one.  Perhaps you're even dillusional enough to think that it had something to do with me telling you how much I dislike you? Learn the facts before you open that spigot of yours and you might actually come off as intelligent once and awhile. Unwashed masses??? You sure have this thing about classes, bet you have an inferiority complex or two.

"If I weren't so busy in the real world, I'd try for a moderatorship just to spite you."

Yes and if Ron didn't have such a good judgement he'd probably give you one, if the sky was green we wouldn't know where to stop cutting our lawns, if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass hopping....you're point is????? How would that spite me??? Why would I care if you were a moderator of this or any other forum?? Are you on another campaign trail again?? First a moderator spot, next Gov. of Kentucky? Do you really think I'm competing with you?? Hey congrats on any "moderatorship" you obtain, best of luck to you.

"And I know I wouldn't be a mean little twit like you."

Of course you wouldn't, instead you'd be a whole new mean little twit, a completely original mean little twit, not like me at all. Actually I imagine you'd just continue to be the pompous, semi-articulate, narcasistic, egomaniac that you currently are right now, the one we've all grown to frequently snicker at, just like your classmates did in public school. Whew that caustic little temper tantrum did me a world of good.

Let me ask you another question Wordshaman, why do you dislike me?, other than the fact I told you I dislike you and why or the latest dose of verbal jabs? I do wish we could get along or at least develop respect and tolerance for one another. Perhaps there is a way we can resolve this conflict between us. I've never really enjoyed bickering with anyone.

HIYA KRIS:

"The problem here is in communication."

Nah, I think he understands what I'm saying to him   . Like I said earlier, the only reason I decided to open my pie hole on this one is because he persisted with it by "popping" it up to the top again. I would have kept quiet and let the first comment go by unscathed but the second whirlwind of melodramatics was just too much to take.

"Both of you could learn better methods of saying what you feel, without causing the other to become defensive."

You're right Kris. How's this:

Dear Wordshaman,

I know I've been a little rough on you in the past and perhaps some of the things I've said were rash and harsh. Let me put my thoughts and feeling in a nice soft fluffy word-pillow so that you won't get defensive by my comments.
I, in the nicest way possible, dislike you. I'm sure you have some friends, somewhere, who may or may not care about you and because of that I am happy for you. I wish nothing but growth and prosperity for you so that someday you may shed your condescending tones and self absorbed ways. I hope you will fullfill your life long dream and get a moderator job and not become such an angry young twit like myself. I dearly hope that some day you will find someone to love whom you don't have to manipulate or make feel bad about themselves in order to "imprison" them with a false sense of needing you, but find real true love instead, the kind you read about in books found at airport giftshops. Best of luck on your journey, best wishes,
love,
Trevor

How was that Kris?  

"I could be a translator until you learn....how 'bout it?"

Sure, please feel free to translate whatever I say, though you may have resistance from Word....he's a misunderstood genius so he might take offence to you tampering with what he writes.  

I'll tell you why I'm being defensive, I don't like being painted as the bad guy, I have put in a lot of effort into personal growth and though I'm hardly a saint I still don't want to be portrayed or thought of as a bad person. I believe other than Word, I have given everyone respect and treated everyone here with kindness, or at least I've tried. Even someone whom I disagree with on almost everything, like yourself, I have shown respect and often appreciation for the insight to new ideas and ways of thinking. You speak of communication, I say I practised the most important part of communication with Wordshaman...honesty. Months back I told him I didn't like the way he was talking to myself or other members and I told him I disliked him and why. Maybe my quip on that thread about him being a misunderstood genius could have been left out but it was only there to illustrate how egotistical he can be. Now I know I've been mudslinging it a bit on this thread and I hate to sound like a cry-baby but the guy did start it and bring it upon himself.

I'm not being judgemental about him, I'm not saying he is a good or bad person only that I dislike him. I'm not saying that other people can't love the guy nor that I will dislike anyone who likes him, all I'm saying is I don't like him and why I feel this way. I've said on several occasions that I wish him no ill will and I mean that sincerely. Anyways Kris, I'm starting to babble on here but please feel free to comment or provide insight as to why Wordshaman and I seem to have such a difficult time getting along. Is there a right or wrong to this discussion? Is one of us justified in our feelings, are both of us justified or are we both just full of turd?
Take care,
Trevor

[This message has been edited by Trevor (edited 04-15-2000).]

warmhrt
since 1999-12-18
Posts 1563

17 posted 2000-04-15 09:38 AM

But Trev...just be confident in yourself and your abilities...then perhaps others' words won't bother you so much. You know you're talented, a good poet, a good person...and every single one of us makes mistakes now and then...so I suggest just walking away. It's the most mature and wisest thing to do, though I'm sure you two are providing some entertainment for the others. That isn't what you want, is it? Words, how 'bout you?

Kris

Wordshaman
since 2000-01-17
Posts 110
Illinois, USA
18 posted 2000-04-15 10:33 PM

Kris--I'll tell you what I want.  For Trevor to not feel as though I'm some "misunderstood genius", because I see those people on the street and have to bite my lip.  That's an insult I can't deal with.  That ticks me off far more than the whole "egotism" deal.  I can deal with that.  With that, I can just say he doesn't know me and he's making a stupid, ill-prepared blanket statement.  

Also, for him to call me semi-articulate after I've spent my whole life trying to become a well-spoken, cognizantly articulate person is incredible.  That's the angry little boy inside him lashing out.  I have that same side to me, as is apparent, correct?  I say I'm walking away, and then I just CAN'T resist one more thing after I walk away and start thinking again.  I may seem mercurial and all that--I know.  But I'm articulate while I'm doing it.

Trevor--my life dream is to be publisher of a large magazine or newspaper that I edit.  I've done it already in a sense, but it was taken from me, and it wasn't as large as I would've liked.  Thanks.  If you think some petty moderatorship is all I want out of my life, you're a giggling autistic.  

Wordshaman

There is no Devil.
Just God when He drinks.

--Tom Waits

Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
19 posted 2000-04-17 02:27 AM

Hello,

KRIS:

"You know you're talented, a good poet, a good person...and every single one of us makes mistakes now and then...so I suggest just walking away."

Thanks for the compliments. Normally I do walk away or remain silent if something seems like a mistake or an infrequent occurance but far too often silence will unintentionally promote bad behaviour. Wordshaman had said a lot of things that have bothered me in the past....and he currently is continuing this trend....that is why I spoke up again. Have you noticed that since me and Word got into this discussion he seems a little less hostile when responding to negative criticism directed at his poems, a little less arrogant and a little more open to suggestion. Now I don't know if it has anything to do with this discussion or if it is just a coincidence. That to me is the power of communication. I told him I thought he can be or was rude to some people here after they took the time to critique his work and he intentionally or unintentionally changed the manner with which he responds to people. But like I said, maybe its just a coincidence.

"It's the most mature and wisest thing to do, though I'm sure you two are providing some entertainment for the others."

Well since both Word and I write then I guess its safe to say we both, first and foremost, strive to entertain. But like I said earlier, turning the other cheek or remaining silent isn't always the wisest thing to do. Corruption, ignorance and complacency are just a few of the things that fester through silence. One thing I've always appreciated from people is there honesty. If someone thinks I've been a jackass then I'd like to know what I did that bothered them so I can ponder if there was a misinterpretation of my actions or if change is needed. I'm always open to suggestions, though I may not agree with them, and I'm always looking for ways to "better" myself.

Thanks for your input though Kris. Take care.

WORDSHAMAN:

To start of my rant I'd like to bring forth exhibit A. A quote by you in response to a comment directed at one of your poems:
"Kris--I live better than most, feel more than most."
Yes Word, considering the a large percentage of the world lives in poverty and can not afford a computer system, let alone a steady supply of nutritious food, I'd say you live better than most. However considering if you met and formed a deep friendship that would allow you a telepathic connection (thereby ensuring you could feel what everyone feels) with ten new people everyday for the next forty years of your life you'd still only know about 1/47000 of the world's population, I'd say the votes still out on whether or not you feel more than most. So do you really think you feel more than most? Tell me, what means of measurement are you using? Have you invented a measurement cup for emotions or is there a simple equation? Are you in cohoots with Dionne Warwicks pyscic line and you have the inside scoop to how we all feel? It is comments like the one above (in line with the multitude of resembling comments) that puts me at ease with tagging you as the misunderstood genius stereotype and procure visions of you wearing red and blue berets while recieting poetry into the mirror. Let me fill you in on a secret, you probably feel no more and no less then anyone else on this planet, you express it differently than the majority and you may react differently but that doesn't even come close to varifying the level of emotional depth you or anyone else possesses. Do you honestly think you feel more love than the majority of people around you? Do you think you feel more hate then them as well? Do you feel more happy or sad then the majority of the world? You do love to generalize don't you? I guess feeling more is part of the whole misunderstood genius or better still, misunderstood, complex writer, persona/disposition? Please tell me you weren't serious with that comment and that you only had a momentary lapse of logic. Try less on image and more for quality of character.

"For Trevor to not feel as though I'm some "misunderstood genius", because I see those people on the street and have to bite my lip.  That's an insult I can't deal with."  

If you stop giving me reason to think such I will have no choice but to change my opinions. The only reason I use the stereotype of misunderstood genius is because from what I've read by you I believe you think there is a certain persona that comes enclosed with "I Want to Be a Writer" field manual. I don't honestly think you wear a beret but I do think you've used the old lines, "You don't understand, its too complex" or "Writing is about passion." or similar hoo-key versions. And I'd bet you've used writing as a pick-up line on occasion too. And I bet you write in public places such as a coffee house or bar and there is nothing wrong with writing in public, if one is serious about writing they should always carry paper and pen, but I bet you do it as much for the persona as you do for the craft itself.

"That ticks me off far more than the whole "egotism" deal.  I can deal with that.  With that, I can just say he doesn't know me and he's making a stupid, ill-prepared blanket statement."

Of course I don't know you Word. I only can base my opinions on the snippets you post here, that is why being precise and clear with your words is sooo important. Maybe I do have you pegged wrongly, your recent communications with others here seem to often demonstrate that there is a polite, open minded and considerate version of Wordshaman. I do still however believe that you may still have quite a proud opinion of yourself and humbleness and humility are two teachers you have yet to learn from. Now I'd hardly call my remarks stupid, it takes a lot of talent to find new and witty ways of insulting you Word. Please don't short sell my ability to push the buttons and pull the levers on the Wordshaman machine as I curiously wonder, "What does this dial here do?". Perhaps my statements are not stupid nor ill-prepared but rather I'm ill-informed and since you are the best source of information on who you are, maybe partial blame of my statements can lie on you and your past comments.

"Also, for him to call me semi-articulate after I've spent my whole life trying to become a well-spoken, cognizantly articulate person is incredible."

Yes my statement was quite incredible wasn't it? Perhaps a more articulate person would have said something like "...cognizantly aritculate person is infuriating/frustrating/annoying/ludicrous/appalling/baffling/disturbing/far fetched/absurd/false.", so as to convey a more narrowed and accurate description of one's feelings. "incredible" is a pretty broad term that should only be used in T.V. titles, ie. "That's Incredible" (starring former child star Peter Billingsly) or the "Incredible Hulk" (starring the deceased what's his name Baxter) either that or "incredible" should be saved as descriptions for unwanted Christmas presents in order to save the feelings of the purchasers or for general discussions with odd smelling strangers at bus stops.

A cow may spend its whole life trying to leap to new heights, still it doesn't mean I'll see one jump over the moon. C-, Work on you articulation, is that a word?, I guess I can use it if you can attach "ly" to cognizant.

"That's the angry little boy inside him lashing out."

Yep, and thank Christ I've found my whipping post.

"I say I'm walking away, and then I just CAN'T resist one more thing after I walk away and start thinking again.  I may seem mercurial and all that--I know.  But I'm articulate while I'm doing it."

I seem to be suffering from the same ailment, I just can't stop myself from replying. As far as the articulate thing goes, please refer to the comments above.

"Trevor--my life dream is to be publisher of a large magazine or newspaper that I edit.  I've done it already in a sense, but it was taken from me, and it wasn't as large as I would've liked."

It's a good dream to have Word, seriously I mean that and I'm also serious when I say that I hope your dreams are fullfilled...but pushing buttons again when I say that with you at the helm, "The National Enquirer", will be better than ever. Now for the serious thing again...you said, "taken from me", now continuing with my initial observation of the subject, Wordshaman, he seems to shift onus from himself and onto others, perhaps it might be more accurate to say that it was not taken away from him but instead lost by him. Now I don't know the details of what transpired but it never does hurt to look at situations with a new perspective. Did your actions cause the powers that be to take it away from you or did this taking happen without just cause? Or neither, just a plain old simple falling out by both parties? Sometimes your words have a tinge of "I'm the victim always" mentality and I was just wondering if this was the case for that particular situation. If not then at least I've shed new light on another way I sometimes percieve you or interpret your words.

"Thanks."

Your welcome and thank-you for adding that little extra "umpff" of melodramatics by ending a comment with "Thanks.".

"If you think some petty moderatorship is all I want out of my life, you're a giggling autistic."

What??? That isn't all you want out of life....gosh I had no idea, thanks, (not a melodramatic thanks but more of a sarcastic thanks), for informing me. I thought that's all anyone wanted out of life. "giggling autistic", has the Wordshaman creative well run so dry that you have to shimmy down to the simplistic level of comparing me to someone who is born with a disability. What's next from the mighty Wordshamoo.... or is it the Great Wordgazoo? Next up by Wordsalmon are fart and snot jokes? Now even something as shallow as that autistic comment could have been spruced up a bit by adding the rountine and cliched ,"On second thought I wouldn't want to insult the intelligence of autistic people by comparing them to you.". Come on Wordsaphron, I feel as if I gnawing on the ears of a toothless dog.

Now what I honestly do think you want out of life is the same as everyone else, good old fashion happiness. What might bring you happiness, well that's different for everyone so I can't really comment. I know what might give you temporary bliss, if I were to shut the hell up....but alas poor Horatio, there are so many things I've yet to say. Toodle-loo,
Trevor

warmhrt
since 1999-12-18
Posts 1563

20 posted 2000-04-17 03:03 AM

I'm not going to comment on the "discussion", but I feel I must say something to Mr. Words about his "autistic" comment. How dare you! Why would you say something like that...it was an ignorant, mean, hateful thing to say. I don't care how articulate you are, you need a lot more education concerning differences in people. How would you feel if you knew I had an autistic sister or a mentally-ill daughter, anyone on the forum could be dealing with this...you most likely wouldn't care who you hurt with your careless statements, as long as you're "expressing yourself". You hit a raw nerve this time, pal, and I don't care how much you insult me, I can walk away...but when you make such a thick-headed, callous remark in reference to innocent people who happen to have a treatable condition, you've gone too far...much too far. I suggest you take a few college courses, and GROW UP!!!

jbouder
Member Elite
since 1999-09-18
Posts 2534
Whole Sort Of Genl Mish Mash
21 posted 2000-04-17 08:22 AM

Greg:

I suppose it doesn't matter to you that my five year old son is autistic.  Actually (maybe surprising to some) my feelings are not hurt mainly because your incredibly irresponsible statement is the product, in my opinion, of colossal ignorance on your part.  I am certain, because I am willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, that you will agree with me that your word-choice in hurling that insult was an unfortunate mistake.

Jim

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Well How 'Bout That?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary