navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Simply satisfying....
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Simply satisfying.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
The Jackal
since 1999-08-13
Posts 426
Springfield, Massachusetts U.S.A

0 posted 2000-03-12 09:42 PM

just holding.. to regain my purity
just needing..that little bit of insecurity
just wanting..another role to play
just another...difference to push away
just simply satisfying..
when your dying here
with nothing more to say

© Copyright 2000 John Dixon - All Rights Reserved
Tony Di Bart
since 2000-01-26
Posts 160
Toronto, Canada
1 posted 2000-03-12 10:46 PM

Hello

Just satisfying.  I like your poem.  It is very simple and yet very deep.  As far as repitition goes, and it can get monotonous, it works wonderfully here.  I really have nothing else to say about this poem.  There is no critisism, I really enjoyed it the way it is and consider it perfect.

Thanks

roxane
since 1999-09-02
Posts 505
us
2 posted 2000-03-14 02:49 PM

hi.  let me give you my take on this poem.  maybe this is more from my personal experiences, but i see the emphasis as being on the "just" and "simply".  such as you can love someone, and then have sex with someone else for an entirely different reason.  maybe you're "just" filling a void in your life.  maybe you're "simply satisfying" some carnal pleasure.
so, the way i see it, the parallels at the beginning relate to someone doing something, or wanting to do something, in order to personally gain something.  i see the "dying" part as more of a relationship ending, but i'm probably wrong.  the great thing about poems of this length and this style is that they are open to many interpretations.  and i suppose that poets are to provide a vision of something, and leave it up to the readers.
maybe you could offer your insight.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Simply satisfying....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary