navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Falling in Love With You
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Falling in Love With You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Renee
since 1999-11-07
Posts 18
langhorne, PA 19047

0 posted 2000-02-06 10:09 PM

A simple smile for no reason
Warms a little spark inside me.
Your arm reaching out to me
Turns my spark into a flame.
A little glow of desire in your eye
Turns my flame into a fire.
A gentle touch to my skin
Turns my fire into an explosion.
Bursting out to find myself
Falling in love with you.

Linda Renee

© Copyright 2000 Renee - All Rights Reserved
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
1 posted 2000-02-07 06:15 AM

wow, i get to be the 1st person to comment on this")
interesting read--i liked the way you compared falling in fire to "fire that is ever growing and growing..."
however,the word "desire" doesn't appeal to me---desire to me suggests lust---call me being sexual hormone charged")---shouldn't falling in love be a more simple and innocent process??
i dun noe-- i am new to poetry and there are a lot of things that i don't know....

jbouder
Member Elite
since 1999-09-18
Posts 2534
Whole Sort Of Genl Mish Mash
2 posted 2000-02-07 08:47 AM

Hello Renee (Linda):

I enjoyed the simple honesty of this one. One suggestion regarding the use of a "fire" metaphor: Since "fire" is used so often to describe love and passion you may want to consider approaching the subject from a different direction.  Perhaps you could describe the light from the flame in more detail than simply "glow" or describe the image of the explosion more graphically than "bursting out".  The feelings are there (I'm assuming) but now comes the hard part ... doing justice to those feelings with words.  

Thanks for the read.

Jim

"If I rest, I rust." - Martin Luther

Renee
since 1999-11-07
Posts 18
langhorne, PA 19047
3 posted 2000-02-07 10:33 PM

Thank you for your comments.  I agree that it needs a little fixing.  I was unsure of what words I wanted to use together.  Your comments really helped.  Thanks a lot.
Drucilla
since 2000-02-07
Posts 14

4 posted 2000-02-08 12:02 PM

I really enjoyed this poem.  I t is very cute and I think that everyone can easily identify with it!  

Drucilla

cheryl cook
since 2000-02-07
Posts 12

5 posted 2000-02-08 02:32 AM

I liked the over all theme, but where i "tripped" was the two lines ending in me.
The fact that there is no rhymming scheme is alright, but it feels as though it lacks a bit of rhythm.

Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
6 posted 2000-02-09 04:19 PM

Super terrific poem!!!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Falling in Love With You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary