navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #51 » In Loving Memory of Ron Carnell (Jan 24, 1950 – Aug 10, 2021)
Open Poetry #51
Post A Reply Post New Topic In Loving Memory of Ron Carnell (Jan 24, 1950 – Aug 10, 2021) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2021-08-10 09:07 PM

In Loving Memory of Ron Carnell (Jan 24, 1950 – Aug 10, 2021)

My Dear Poet Friends,

It is with a profoundly sad and heavy heart, that I share with you that we have lost our cherished friend, our fellow poet, and the founder of PipTalk, Ron Carnell.  Ron passed away this evening, Aug 10, 2021, after a brief battle with cancer.

I know how difficult his loss will be for so many of us who adored this warm and wonderful man. My heart goes out to Ron’s family and friends, to his extended poetic family here, and to the vast community who embraced Ron’s engaging sense of humor as he embarked on his magical career.

Ron’s quick wit, intelligence and delightful sense of humor are some of the first things that initially drew people to him, and it was often his sensitive, thoughtful and caring nature that continued to keep so many within his captivating orbit. Ron was a brilliant storyteller, and his passion for a good tale seemed to weave its way throughout the many facets of his life. He formed an inspirational poetic world that brought talented writers and readers together to share their stories and lives from across the globe. He created charming and interactive magic shows to delight audiences and fill rooms with laughter and awe. He penned intriguing short stories, wrote and produced a full Murder Mystery theatre show, and was even back to working on his own novel. Ron’s imagination and creativity truly knew no bounds.

Throughout all of this, not only did Ron’s passions and pursuits connect thousands of us “to him”, but he connected thousands of us “to each other” as well, forging deep friendships and long, lasting memories. I, like so many others, know that my world was enhanced immeasurably by being just a small part of Ron’s extraordinary life story.

In Ron’s own poetic words:

“A home without a wall,
        Our haven without ends,
        A circle we all call
        Our Family of Friends!”
               -Ron Carnell

Thank you Ron, for being a part of our circle, a part of our family, and a part of our hearts forever and always.

May you rest in peace my dear, sweet friend knowing how deeply you were loved.

© Copyright 2021 Kit McCallum - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2021-08-10 09:22 PM

May the Blue pages be seen by Ron from his new vantage, for surely he resides with all of our beloved poets who went to pave his way. Rest well, my friend, for you brought the world together.
Paul Wilson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
2 posted 2021-08-10 09:32 PM

Ron...You may have made your last curtain call here in this world, but all of your friends and those that never knew you are waiting for you on the biggest stage of all.

"Fly above the clouds
Fly above the mountains high
Spread your wings my friend
It's time to say goodbye"

Paul

~~To share my poems with you is to share my heart with you~~
Paul

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
3 posted 2021-08-10 10:06 PM

You will always be part of me, Ron.  You were a friend when I needed one...and always, always someone to look up to, and someone who could be counted on to weigh all options and do the the exact right thing in every circumstance.

You gave many of us a home, and many of us a safer, surer one than we had in the real world.  Worthy of the highest respect, you will never be forgotten, my friend... and sometimes father figure.

Rest in peace, Ron.  

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2021-08-11 09:30 AM

My Ever Dearest Friend - Then, Now, and Forever.

We began as friends on another forum, and instantly knew that we had a very undeniable attachment. Our poetic "respartee," as we called it, evolved into this wonderful PiPtalk world.  Others joined us and built a home for talented poetic friends in countless corners of the world.

You were a pillar for my strength, whether near or far, and I will lean on that for the rest of my days.  I thank you for being the kindly, generous, and insightful man that you have been.  You will be in my heart forever.

We began our journey with my first poetic writing, and I think I shall include it herein to embrace your final trek.

Serendipity

From sheltered berth embarks the maiden sail
With harbored spirit innocent and frail.
As windward breath uplifts the halcyon veil,
Alluring barques enrapture seafare's tale.

Whence haven's port casts sanctity aside,
Presumptuous youth cavorts a vernal tide.
E'er wanderlust capricious hearts abide,
The sea's unyielding sovereignty defied.

Full mainsails prance midsummer's vast blue-green,
Beguiling wanton ventures unforeseen.
Felicity the guide as sloops careen
Through maelstroms in waters once serene.

Blithe wisdom falls; the robust tumults wane.
Intrepid sails eye placid shores again.
Now learned navigators ne'er to feign,
As fore 'n' aft, great journeys yet remain.

Hibernal mariner with white-capped lore
Of raging tempests in those days of yore,
Aye, come about to tranquil deep before
That beck, "Red-Right-Return" forever moor.

Waft every crest upon your destined sea.
Embrace the Wave of Serendipity,
Lest its elusive arcane ecstasy
Refurl with sail for all eternity.

You have, indeed, embraced that wave.  I shall hold you near and dear to me, My Ever Dearest Friend, Ron Carnell.

icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows
5 posted 2021-08-11 05:47 PM

words fail to describe this loss.

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

6 posted 2021-08-12 09:16 AM

My heart aches to hear of this tragic loss, and offer sincere heartfelt love, hugs, prayers and strength to all who walked by his side.  I didn't know Ron that well, but know that he offered a loving fondness for life, his family and friends and communities both here in the blue pages and in his life.  Thank you Ron, Rest in Peace
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
7 posted 2021-08-12 09:21 AM

Thank you,  Kit.

"I know this love will tear me to pieces
I know his hands will dig up my secrets"

Meg Myers

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
8 posted 2021-08-14 09:34 AM

I am just sharing the link below if you wish to view the funeral home's information for Ron. You may want to revisit the link in a few days, to perhaps see a picture and add or view comments later on, as Ron's town had a major storm roll through and widespread power outages are still in effect throughout the area:

Schipper Funeral Home - Ron Link

Masked Intruder
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 Tours
since 1999-05-23
Posts 1231
Near golden sunsets
9 posted 2021-08-18 12:40 PM

I’m sad to hear of Ron’s passing but happy to see he’s still surrounded by all of you. Thank you, Ron, for these pages - we will miss you and the blue.

Thank you, Kit and Nan, for everything.

And thanks, Jenn, for making sure I came back to say goodbye.  Stay in touch!

-*-*-

Divide me again.

Gunslinger
since 1999-10-09
Posts 901
TX, USA
10 posted 2021-08-18 09:32 PM

The passing of an era, in which I became as close to some of the Passions members as I have ever allowed anyone to come to me. Rest in peace, you presented a wonderful service to the world of poetry and poets. I am truly going to miss what we had.
wordwizard
since 2003-09-08
Posts 483
on the way to next world
11 posted 2021-08-24 08:00 PM

It is sad to hear of Ron's passing and as you say Sunshine, may he continue to see these blue pages from his place on high. His contribution to these forums, anthologies and in bringing people together from the world over, will be deeply missed. My sincere condolences!

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
12 posted 2021-08-28 01:40 AM

Ah if only you all knew how much this home has meant to me. Godspeed to all.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #51 » In Loving Memory of Ron Carnell (Jan 24, 1950 – Aug 10, 2021)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary