navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #51 » Ron Carnell’s Memorial Service – August 27, 2021
Open Poetry #51
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ron Carnell’s Memorial Service – August 27, 2021 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2021-08-28 03:12 PM

Ron’s Memorial Service – August 27, 2021

I am sharing a Facebook post by John Sherwood, one of Ron’s good friends who attended Ron’s Memorial Service yesterday. I also spoke to Ron’s sister Fawn this morning. She said Ron’s service was absolutely beautiful, and included a lovely singer who touched their hearts singing Amazing Grace. The Memorial Service was followed by a heartwarming “Broken Wand Ceremony” by the magicians at the gravesite. They had a lovely lunch afterward at the River Lake Inn where Ron had regularly performed magic shows throughout the year. She said there were many wonderful stories about Ron that were shared throughout the day.

*In John’s photos, you will see a chair with a colorful plaque. This was something I sent to Ron on behalf of our poetry family. It says “It’s the friends we meet along the way that help us appreciate the journey.”  On the chair behind that, Nan may recognize Ron’s special handmade white magician’s vest, and on the table, is a computer running the “Connections” slideshow and poem I wrote for Ron as an ode to all of the many connections he made throughout our lives.

© Copyright 2021 Kit McCallum - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2021-08-28 03:21 PM

Should anyone wish to make a donation in Ron's memory as noted in John's post, this is the link to the American Museum of Magic site's donation page of which Ron was a member.

American Museum of Magic Link Here

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #51 » Ron Carnell’s Memorial Service – August 27, 2021

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary