navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Twenty-Nine, Roxy’s Red Wine Play...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Twenty-Nine, Roxy’s Red Wine Play... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2018-01-31 01:18 AM

Everything flows through me these days but nothing is lost,
not a drop of wine, nor any excuses

Across the wooden table, she speaks as if she knew the meaning of my name,
pouring herself like a sun-blistering storm on a thirsty riverbed

"You ask me to bear this, Roxy", I say, "to remember the scent of apples
and the green heart of the poplar trees growing in endless rows"

I try to lose myself in a gaucho’s ballad letting the guitar soften time in my bones,
but she spills another river of wine in my glass shaking her head with a coy smile at my refusal

Ah! The delight one feels when a voice it knows is near...or so I imagined
If I leave for a moment, I wonder if she would somehow... disappear

But then, reality returns to remind me my glass is only half drunk,
and in an instant come to know..."how you pour, Roxy...how you pour"

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2018 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2018-01-31 05:18 AM

I do so enjoy your work, You have such a way with a story. You tuck in interesting nuggets here and there that really give them depth and a cool texture all their own. ~L
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2018-01-31 12:35 PM

Ya know, Miss Lori, for a diabetic...you're pretty sweet!  

I always appreciate your reading and comments. I really do. But don't you ever say anything nasty?
You know, like; "Bluesy, you fathead! Can't you write anything better than your lollipops & roses crapola?
I could clean every carpet and rug in the neighborhood with your tripe and STILL have plenty of power left to do it all over again!"

Huh? Don't you ever wanna say stuff like that? It's okay...really! You, my dear, have 'Carte Blanche!'     

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Twenty-Nine, Roxy’s Red Wine Play...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary