navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » The Pot Calling The Kettle Black: Trying To Come To Terms With The Terms I Used...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Pot Calling The Kettle Black: Trying To Come To Terms With The Terms I Used... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2018-01-21 01:21 AM

Silver Surfers who’ve been feeling overwhelmed by URL’s and ISP’s
float away gently from their long-suffering lounge libraries

Wavering some, they hover around the entranceway,
discussing among themselves, the taming of their lap dancers

‘Mickey the sticky mouse’, and those candied-licks of memory sticks
The ‘electrickery’ of E-mail, online cooking, and, lest we forget...the saga of booking holidays

The fear of obsolescence fills their silvery heads, unable to descend where once children freely played
Yes, a child’s keen eyes could see everywhere, some even attached themselves to Goldilocks and glossy books of rhyme

But now, they sit and watch a monitor’s shiny Windows as their heads turn to silver
Hmm, wait just a minute...didn’t I see some of that silver gliding through the tines of my comb?

...I'm feeling really dumb. It's okay to agree. I swear, I thought it was water!

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2018 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2018-01-21 04:14 AM

Bluesy,
I do so enjoy your sense of humor. Your style has grown on me like spots on sun damaged skin. ~L

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2018-01-21 04:38 AM

Aww! Now THIS is dead sweet, Miss Lori!
quote:
"Your style has grown on me like spots on sun-damaged skin"
Yes, ma'am! That was mellow~noma!

...just bein' Bluesy

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
3 posted 2018-01-24 10:42 PM

They call this progress...But I tend to think we lose some of those good old fashioned values in the name of it ~ Enjoyed Bluesy
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
4 posted 2018-01-31 01:57 AM

Yep! You're right, Miss Pinky...!

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » The Pot Calling The Kettle Black: Trying To Come To Terms With The Terms I Used...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary