navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Unappreciated One-Act Play: Evelyn’s Empathetic Entreaties
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unappreciated One-Act Play: Evelyn’s Empathetic Entreaties Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2018-01-07 03:25 PM

“So sad to hear your truly awful news, Bluesy...you really have my utmost sympathy
Perhaps you'd like a nice strong cup of tea? I find that always helps to beat the blues

Or what about a night out? That ought to help you put her out of your mind,
you know, relax a little with me and leave the past behind...we’ll paint the town red, make a little noise

You know, Bluesy, I knew someone who knew someone who knew somebody who once felt a little low,
so obviously I understand...believe me, “I know exactly what you must be going through...”

(ad nauseum - If that's what friends are for, I think I'd rather not make any more...)

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2018 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
1 posted 2018-01-07 04:13 PM

My My My...What have we here?!!  Your throwing a pity party and didn't even invite me?!  The shame of it all!  lol  I'm afraid I'm quite the opposite of your friend Evelyn ~ Now put on your big boy pants and quit your belly-aching ~ Remember there is always someone somewhere a lot worse off than you.  By the way feelin' a little bluesy is allowed....Just as long as you don't wallow in the blue to long my friend     Any who that's my story and I'm stickin' to it     Couldn't help teasing you ~
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
2 posted 2018-01-07 08:08 PM

Now what color is this that you are throwing my prismatic friend? Wow, definitely intense... ~L

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
3 posted 2018-01-08 12:49 PM

Miss Pinky? It's times like these and words like yours that prompt me to say that I could positively kiss you! Ha-ha-ha! Okay, okay...I'll stop laughing if you want to try it!
Truth be known, I can deal with sad and such, but it's all about Evelyn and it always has been. She likes to try and fix things that aren't broken. It's the seduction game. You know, the one I play with you! Ha-ha-ha! Oh! By the way. You'll have to start making a right at the light 'cause I'm getting out of Dodge and heading for Iqaluit before she stops here again! I'll have me an anti-freeze cocktail before I go! See ya! I gotta get packin'!

...just bein' Bluesy

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
4 posted 2018-01-08 12:57 PM

It's not that I don't have time for a proper reply to you, Miss Lori...it's just that my fingers are somewhat spent having written an improper book-reply to Miss Pinky. So, if you don't mind too much, would you just read my reply to her and consider it your own?

Thanks for understanding. I gotta go soak my nails now, so if you'll excuse me.

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Unappreciated One-Act Play: Evelyn’s Empathetic Entreaties

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary