navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Bumbles
Open Poetry #48
Post A Reply Post New Topic Bumbles Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California

0 posted 2013-04-30 05:44 PM

Bumbles

Blossoms buddin’
Spring’s a jumpin’
they are busy
busy buzzin’
through the gardens
they go struttin’
over flowers
cute as buttons
legs are danglin’
legs are shufflin’
pollinatin’
they’re like gluttons
for the honey
kissin’ cousin
maybe queen bee
sumptin sumptin
that does make ‘em
stingers stunnin’
to a stranger
“Ouch! that’s thumpin’”
black and yellow
they go hummin’.

© Copyright 2013 Robert E. Michaud Jr. - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2013-04-30 06:13 PM

Yup, gotta be careful and don't inadvertently socialize with the Bumbles, they are more on the anti-social chasm. "Ouch!" is right. I sailed through this little ditty and it felt so good I did it again . . .

~*~ How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it. ~*~

katahdin
since 2010-07-01
Posts 1196
ME. In the Shadow of the Mt.
2 posted 2013-04-30 08:49 PM

Too cute, enjoyed!
Kat >^..^<

MICHELMAS
since 2012-02-15
Posts 305
Lancashire England
3 posted 2013-05-01 09:32 AM

nice, and the bumblies are somewhat preferable to those good for nothing wasps

Michael

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
4 posted 2013-05-02 05:39 PM

Jerry, Kat, and Michael...

Thanks so much for reading (and re-reading) and replying to my little ditty (as Jerry so very aptly called it). Thank you!  

Wasps!!! Yeah, got those too and, yeah, they're a real nuisance whenever they build one of their nests.  Gotta get some of that far, far, far spraying wasp spray.  

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
5 posted 2013-05-04 01:47 AM

I have been reading that bees are getting scarce and that's not good. Enjoyed this.
                          Ida

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
6 posted 2013-05-04 03:35 AM

Bob, I enjoyed your poem about my dear little friends.  I haven't seen one of them for a while, but recently I have had a wasp who insisted on living inside with me for about a month.  He would go outside with my dog, my cat and me when we went outside, and then come in again when we did.  Sadly, I found he passed away and went to Heaven a couple of weeks ago.  He left his body on my kitchen floor so that I would know. I miss him, but he is in a better place now.

For a long time before that there was a small wasp nest (it worried me that it was so small - and sadly it isn't there any more - I don't know what happened to my little friends) on the outside wall of my house near my kitchen door.  None of them ever bothered my dog, my cat or me, except for once - but that wasn't the dear little waspie's fault.  I heard a buzzing noise at my ear and instinctively (sometimes instinct is not good) and involuntarily brushed him or her away and gave the little sweetheart a fright, so it was quite understandable that he or she went into karate self-protection mode.  I wrote a poem about him or her and my ear and posted it here.  It is called The Story of a Reindeer, an Aeroplane and a Temporary Princess.  I don't know how long wasps live - I should look it up - but I wonder if my little friend who passed away recently was the same wasp or perhaps one of his or her offspring.  Sorry, rambling again.  

Owl

[This message has been edited by OwlSA (05-04-2013 09:22 PM).]

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
7 posted 2013-05-06 09:47 PM

Hey, Ida...

I don't know what kind of bush I have, but it's one with white flowers and I can tell you, at least in my yard, there's no bee shortage. Glad you enjoyed my poem.  

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
8 posted 2013-05-06 10:08 PM

Oh, Owl,

I love your rambling, I do, and I did read your short story / poem about your little wasp friend and I did enjoy it as well. I appreciate your humor. You know, with the exception of being stung in two distinct places, "Ouch," again, we've probably all had similar dreams of flight. Owl, as always, no matter how extensive they may become, I appreciate your reply.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Bumbles

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary