navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » It's Sad (PIP)
Open Poetry #48
Post A Reply Post New Topic It's Sad (PIP) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced

0 posted 2013-04-26 04:09 PM

What has happened over years,
where has everyone gone?
We're a pile of ashes on the floor
and we just aren't the same no more.
How is it going on?

I am laden with grief for here.
Here. Just to understand.
Am I to turn around
and come back again?

It's heavy. It's sad.
It's hard. It's bad.
How is a person like me
with years invested
to not be unrested?

What has happened here?
Here, where my grief rumbles,
where my heart no longer beats
where my stomach grumbles
for a passion there was
10 years ago
where did it all go
maybe I'll never know.

© Copyright 2013 Dixie Lee Bullington - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2013-04-26 06:06 PM

A sad refrain, and one that is repeated many times because life just didn't turn out the way we imagined that it would. I know the feeling.

~*~ How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it. ~*~

[This message has been edited by JerryPat2 (04-27-2013 08:51 AM).]

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
2 posted 2013-04-26 11:37 PM

Yeah, me too, my friend . . .

j.

secondhanddreampoet
Member Ascendant
since 2006-11-07
Posts 6394
a 'Universalist' !
3 posted 2013-04-27 08:37 AM

and ... so it goes ...

all is what it is ...

transience, flux, change,
uncertainty and the
ultimate devolution of all
'order' into 'chaos' are
the only universal 'certainties'

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

4 posted 2013-04-27 10:28 AM

There are still those of us with heart, passion and love that can make here(pip) as it was, yes i agree it isnt as it was but perhaps the old guard should come out and post something to make these blue forums shine a sunsteam that others may follow and in doing so try to lift the doom and gloom that blankets human condition and pervades our world through nothing more than those who would see us be put down, we know who i am refering to. Human spirit is stronger than any monetary value, lets shine that spirit out.

music was my refuge.i could crawl into the spaces between the notes and curl my back to loneliness - Maya Angelou

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
5 posted 2013-04-28 07:50 PM

I can definitely feel the sentiment to this one, Dixie.   PiP was something special to all who were part of it back then… especially for those who were around from the beginning, watching it bloom from one man’s dream into a home for thousands.  It was not just another poetry site… it was a need in all of us manifest into being.

Of all the things to miss, for me, first and foremost would be the love and caring experienced back then.  That was something I readily admit I took for granted in those days… all the people who reached out to me with genuine concern, and open arms.  The saddest part of that is the fact I never properly thanked half of them, and now will probably never have the chance.

I think most of us who were here back then would love to see a resurrection of those days, but realize it is probably something that could never be.  For many of us, in those days, forsook our real life obligations for time spent on these very forums.  That’s not to say what we experienced here wasn’t real, (you know I met my wife of ten years here), but it was as if PiP and our jobs, and or families became engrossed in a giant tug of war… and we were the rope.  I know many who, very reluctantly, gave up their time on PiP to refocus their personal efforts on their home lives.  I guess “too much of a good thing” is more than just an old adage.

I don’t know that these halls will ever be so full as they once were, but I look back with a greater sense of fulfillment than I do sadness… for what we were part of is something very, very special.  Yeah, I miss it, too.  How could I not?  Still, I know I will never post on another  poetry site…  PiP took me in and allowed me a place to post poetry of a darker nature and that alone was reason enough to make it my permanent home, though I probably only post one in ten things I write these days just because of the dark nature of my work.   I miss the brighter aura that used to surround the Open forum.

I’d tell you not to give up hope, but coming from me that would probably take oxymoronic to a whole new level.      I know I was happy to see you posting today…  Keep you name up there, and who know who’ll stop by and have something to say.  That’s what I’ll be doing.

Michael

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 2013-04-30 10:59 AM

I very much enjoyed your thoughts here Dixie, as well as the opportunity to reminisce and ponder the past.  You are very much appreciated.  

I echo some of the beautiful and positive thoughts from both your piece and the comments as well.

Passions will always be my poetic home, no matter how far life seems to take us away. It is always the place I return to. I’m afraid my writing has been few and far between the last few years, but like Michael, it is the only forum I could or would want to post to. The memories are here. The love is here. The warmth is here, dappled throughout so many wonderful archives and forums as I smile and read my way through the familiar faces and names.

Long before Facebook and other types of social media, this was home. Some of my best friendships were forged here, and even though it is hard to keep up with everyone either on these pages or off, they are still some of the truest and most genuine friendships I will ever know. So many people, yourself included Dixie, got me through times that only my poetry could dare to cover for … difficult times hidden away through words and thoughts masquerading at times with different meanings and yet, many could see through the disguises.

I will be forever grateful and thankful for the busy days at Passions, but also for the current days when I can still come here and see familiar names drifting by to say hello, and for the days I can pop on and read through the archives and smile at so many wonderful memories of heartfelt sharing.

Thank you Dixie … I enjoyed this and appreciate being able to say hello and to say thank you.

Best wishes,
/Kit

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
7 posted 2013-05-01 12:50 PM

Yep, been missing some beautiful people too.  Enjoyed!
icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows
8 posted 2013-05-01 04:41 PM

All things change.  I hope you are well my friend.

Angel4aKing
since 2006-09-27
Posts 1372
USA
9 posted 2013-05-04 11:47 AM

good questions i ask myself the same all the time maybe its the age....

~~~kingsangel~~~

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
10 posted 2013-05-05 12:10 PM

So many of the wonderful poets  who used to post here are gone now and that makes me very sad indeed.
                              Ida

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
11 posted 2013-05-07 09:57 AM

It is sad, Shadowy One... but maybe this will serve as a wakeup call - it did to me. Yes, life gets in the way... but I do manage to find time to lurk fairly regularly, so there should be a bit of participation time buried somewhere in my schedule. LOL

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » It's Sad (PIP)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary