navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » The Untold Story
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Untold Story Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
martiniat8
since 2003-06-21
Posts 897
Prague, Bohemia, Czech Republic

0 posted 2011-08-18 04:33 PM

There is a story he hasn't written about,
a story he rarely told.

He didn't know why...
perhaps its the reaction to those
perhaps its the doubt that what happened was real or not
or even scarier, that it was real...

It was years ago, when his faith in God was strong
he didn't think anything was impossible for them that believed

He fasted, a real fast, for 10 days
eating nothing, drinking nothing but water and a little lemon

and after that 10 days he went to Church,
he sat down in the back and noticed a blind man
a blind man with dark glasses and a cane.

And when he sat down, the blind man turned and looked at him...

"strange, I thought, this man is looking directly at me.
I observed the man and he seemed restless, unable to stay seated in the service. The man got up, using his cane to make his way up the aisle, walking to the wall and following it to the door, feeling the wall as he went. He was going to the bathroom and the man made it back to his seat, bumping his way back. He turned and looked at me again, as he sat down."

a quickening came upon him, he felt led to pray for the blind man, but was afraid, afraid to pray for him and that nothing would happen. So, he got up and left the service while it was still going on. He went and sat in the lobby in a wingback chair in the corner of the room. A few minutes went by and the blind man came out into the lobby and out the door. He watched the blind man, and felt a sense of guilt come over him, a guilt of what happens if he didn't pray for him, if the man stayed blind the rest of his life because he was too afraid to pray for him.

"the blind man came back into the lobby and I watched him, bumping and using his cane. Just before he got to the door to go back into the service, I spoke and said, "Do you want to see again?" The blind man stopped and turned and said, "You're a big man aren't you?" I said, "yes" The blind man turned and said, "Well, you're an even bigger man in God's eyes" I got up from the chair and walked to him and said again, "Do you want to see again?". The man looked down and shook his head and said, "no, I'm used to not seeing, its ok." I told him, "well, let me pray for you, take off your glasses." The man hesitated but took them off and I placed my hand on his eyes and began to pray and speak to his eyes, his retinas, for healing. After I was done, the man tried to put his glasses back on. I said to him, "no, leave them off, you have beautiful eyes, God wants you to use them. Don't put those glasses back on, leave them off." The man said thank you and they both went into the service. The service continued and people prayed for the man again.

"About 30 minutes to an hour later the service was over I noticed the blind man had his glasses off and was walking from person to person and I asked the woman that had come with him, "What is he doing?" She said to me, he had had an accident 7 years ago and had lost his sight. Right now he is going up to people and telling them what color eyes they have. It's a miracle!"

Th big man was shocked and left the church immediately, since then, he hasn't fasted and hasn't prayed or laid hands on another person since. It's a rare occasion that he even goes back to church.

© Copyright 2011 Kenneth Bradley Smith - All Rights Reserved
ebonygirl
Member Elite
since 2011-07-14
Posts 2000
California U.S.A
1 posted 2011-08-18 08:55 PM

Enjoyed your story, I believe in miracles too.
Ms. E

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
2 posted 2011-08-19 03:10 PM

I once heard someone say we pray for miracles and then call them coincidences.

Well told story!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » The Untold Story

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary