navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Schizo-Communication
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic Schizo-Communication Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Elias Nevermore
since 2007-11-03
Posts 152

0 posted 2009-11-14 11:35 PM

Insanity, it saves me.

A hundred personalities are fleeing the four walls that once held them at bay, for now I am trapped within a physical box. Thus, the mental one dissipates, and my alternate minds escape.

Darkness is conversing with light, arguing whether there is purity within mankind. As this heated debate rages on for days, my happiness asks my sorrow why it simply can’t just go away.

My loneliness acts in its usual way, hidden in a corner wishing that the world would leave it be. Sadly, the friendliness inside me won’t let loneliness remain in its self-loathing, guarded state.

Now chaos has begun to ensue between the different sides lingering within my mind. The walls that hold us in have made us search for truth, only to discover the reality of our sins.

Too many people have escaped from my mind. The space that contains us can no longer accommodate, so as such we must either shatter these barriers, or kill each other in order to be saved.

The box, it bursts.

I am saved, yet my true nature still remains.

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before;" -Edgar All

© Copyright 2009 Author Andrew E.L. - All Rights Reserved
Callie Carroll
since 2009-11-15
Posts 4
USA
1 posted 2009-11-15 03:05 AM

Excellent portrayal of mind in conflict.
Cal

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Schizo-Communication

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary