navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » A Meditation on Quantum Entanglement
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Meditation on Quantum Entanglement Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
AncientHippie
since 2009-10-15
Posts 411
Surfing the Cosmic Flow

0 posted 2009-11-05 10:00 AM

"For almost a century, physicists have had in hand "the" theoretical framework of the known world - quantum mechanics. But whereas the world clearly comprises large complex systems, quantum mechanics is usually associated with the microworld of atoms and elementary particles, and is hardly ever considered as an underlying feature in our daily life.

This is even more pronounced for some of the seemingly weird predictions of quantum mechanics, such as entanglement, which asserts that the quantum state of physically separated objects is mutually and inextricably connected". -PhysicsToday.org

" Hindus believe that only Brahman exists, and all else is illusion (maya), including all creation. According to Hinduism, there is no start or finish of creation, only continuing successions of life and death.
The soul (atman) of man is a "spark" of Brahman trapped in the physical body. Repeated lives or reincarnations (samsara) are required before the soul can be liberated (moksha) from the body.
An individual's present life is determined by his efforts in previous lives (the law of karma), and the physical body is ultimately an illusion (maya). Bodies are usually cremated, and the soul goes to an intermediate state of punishment or reward before rebirth into another body.
Reincarnations are experienced until karma has been removed and the individual soul is reabsorbed into Brahman.
Freedom from infinite being and final self-realization of the truth (moksha) is the goal of existence.
Yoga and meditation (especially raja-yoga) taught by a religious teacher (guru) is one way to attain moksha. The other paths for moksha are the way of works (karma marga), the way of knowledge (jnana marga), and the way of love and devotion (bhakti marga).
Hinduism's fundamental goal is to escape the cycle of reincarnation, and thereby to erase the illusion of personal existence - eventually becoming one with Brahman."   http://www.allaboutreligion.org/transcendental-meditation.htm

A Meditation on Quantum Entanglement

Aum.
Flowing wisps of Self
dissolve:
egocentricity recedes,
lost in the Cosmic Now.

A vibration,
a pulse,
a profound sense of Balance,
of inclusion:
the arrival of Truth.

Within the peaceful vastness
the growing awareness
of Light:
countless tiny flames
acting as One,
coalescing,
joining,
uniting,
growing.

Awareness
of countless Chakra chimes
vibrating as One,
resonating with the Whole.
Belonging.
Becoming.
Being.
Now.    

From the series "Quantum Shift"

"We are stardust:  we are golden:  and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden."  --Joni Mitchell "Woodstock"

© Copyright 2009 James D. Fanning - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2009-11-05 03:36 PM

Fantastic work, dear Jim! It is quite the challenge to create perfect harmony between phylosphies and science. It is an exciting path of knowledge.

I believe we are divine sparks. And there is this tremendous longing to be ONE with divine perfection, as long as we are incarnated. Though they say the feeling of separation is an illusion too. We may be many fragments of soul that contemporaneously exist on different levels ...

I very much enjoy this series. You are a refined Poet and your poems are a wonderful means to share your insights and knowledge.

Love,
Margherita

GBride
since 2009-07-02
Posts 538

2 posted 2009-11-05 07:16 PM

I think you have much to teach me AH.
You are one of my gurus right now.
No doubt, you have read Dr. Wayne Dwyer.
He has written a number of books discussing meditation. I am just beginning this practice.
I find I sleep better at night.
He writes about how we are like water: it rains and water is drawn to the lakes where it evaporates and goes back to the ocean.
We are like that: all part of the big pictures.
Total oneness, despite our temporary separation.

AncientHippie
since 2009-10-15
Posts 411
Surfing the Cosmic Flow
3 posted 2009-11-06 09:59 AM

Margherita:  Thank you so much for your kind and understanding words. There is so much to comprehend, but the good news is that we have an eternal Now in which to grasp it all.
Namaste

GBride:  Thank you so much.  I do not feel like much of a guru, but my wonderful three years in India taught me that we all have the ability to grow on our path to Truth (Dharma).  One's Spark of Brahman (atman/soul) will tell you what is Truth and what is Illusion.  Meditation puts you in touch with the Spark.
Go well
Jim

"We are stardust:  we are golden:  and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden."  --Joni Mitchell "Woodstock"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » A Meditation on Quantum Entanglement

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary