navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » The Ocean Crown
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Ocean Crown Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Elias Nevermore
since 2007-11-03
Posts 152

0 posted 2009-10-19 12:03 PM

There lies a man at the bottom of the lake. He closes his eyes, controlling each breath he takes. And with every breath, he is quenched, as his lungs slowly fill to the point of collapse.

The chains that bind him grow ever stronger, for they drain his strength as he intakes water.They clothe him from head to toe, in a silver garment of steel and stone.

A crown of jewels lies in the sand. All the stones tainted a crimson red, having fallen off his battered head. The man is approaching death, no longer immortal, for he has bled.

Heavenly lights break through the watery plane. They beckon him closer. But he refuses to do as they say. They beckon him closer. And now all his strength fades away.

The darkness consumes the light, and he can no longer see. Finally, from his chains he has been freed. The void has swallowed his soul, leaving behind his decaying body.

He is dead. The king is dead. You killed him.
But in doing so, you have saved yourself.

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before;" -Edgar All

© Copyright 2009 Author Andrew E.L. - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2009-10-22 01:52 AM

This would make a great story, and almost sorry it ended.  Enjoyed reading it.
Elias Nevermore
since 2007-11-03
Posts 152

2 posted 2009-10-22 02:13 AM

thanx mysteria. I was actually planning to make it into a long piece of prose with an entire story, but i havent had the time to do so.

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before;" -Edgar All

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » The Ocean Crown

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary