navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Monsoon Beckons
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic Monsoon Beckons Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Prasad Nataraj
since 2008-05-29
Posts 1149
Bangalore,India

0 posted 2009-08-27 10:26 PM

Monsoon is coming to end and i have been travelling most of the time..thought will say "Hi" to everyone here at passions...

Monsoon Beckons

Slippery mush yellow stranded path ways,
Dark blue with guile depth flows towards rays,
Swift harsh breeze sweeps fragile pale leaf,
A plumply croak bloke, brief, croak of grief.

Black dots scramble on moist muddy hills,
Barn sparrow fluttering around now chills,
A little dragon quickly darts in thin air,
Clumsy grasshopper jumps without care.

Sweet taste of the mud pollen everywhere,
Dark bushes beckon white thunder with glare,
Crawler retrieves back to his tiny hide out,
Floods gates open with a bang, with a shout.

All rights reserved to Prasad.N

"Hardwork pays in the long run"

© Copyright 2009 Prasad Natarajan - All Rights Reserved
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
1 posted 2009-08-27 10:38 PM

So it took a monsoon to blow you back to your pip family?!? Well, so be it. You're back!

Vividly descriptive writing, dear Prasad! Nature in all her glory ~ and fury!

May the sun dry up all the rain and lift all spirits high!

Linda

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2009-08-28 12:50 PM

My friend, you've given me a fresh unique view of Mother Nature's monsoon magic!
Critters tasting sweet monsoon mud...and this:

"A little dragon quickly darts in thin air,
Clumsy grasshopper jumps without care"

That is wonderful descriptive writing!

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
3 posted 2009-08-28 02:00 AM

Wow.  Monsoon's fascinate me - and I loved this poem.  I really like the description in this poem.  Thank you - and welcome back.

Alison

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
4 posted 2009-08-28 05:36 AM

This poem is quite the experience, dear Prasad. Your inquisitive eyes combined with your creative pen have produced a great poem about a fascinating topic!

Thank you for not forgetting Pip, even though you are busy. We do love and appreciate you and your creativity.

Love,
Margherita

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
5 posted 2009-08-28 04:34 PM

Hello  Prasad, good to see you here with and astonishing write, vivid proof of talent, monsoon is difficult time I guess, thanks for the splendid descriptions.

have a nice day

yann

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
6 posted 2009-08-28 10:21 PM

Hi Prasad, Nice to see you back on PIP.
I don't know must about monsoons. Thank you for enlightening me. We are surrounded by wildfires that add to the 100 degree heat.
I'm not especially fond of this time of year.
                                   Ida

Prasad Nataraj
since 2008-05-29
Posts 1149
Bangalore,India
7 posted 2009-08-29 12:32 PM

For some reason, my comments are not appearing on poems today. I am giving it a go again; with thanking each one of you.
Hi Dear Linda,
Summer is all time favorite season, and then comes monsoon. In tropics like us, we hardly witness spring like what the other part of the world does, how lucky you guys are!!!. Its bright and so sunny today!!! Good day and thank you for your kind words.

Prasad

Hi Kacy,
Read about your Chemo therapy, hope you are feeling better. Living on the outskirts from the city gives me such an opportunity to view monsoon up front and close. Nature is so amazing, dark clouds engulf every little object in our view and it’s such a sight. And the thunder plays drums, lightening does the dancing. Absolutely magical. Thank you for reading my poem and writing such beautiful comments.

Prasad

Hi Alison,
Thank you for your kind comment, monsoon fascinates me a lot too. Its lot of hard work during monsoon though. However the greenery I see around and the way rain drops glow on the leaves take all my worries away.

Prasad

Hi Dear Margherita,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, as an artist observation is a very vital necessity. Being traveling around my State of Karnataka, to elephant conservation reserves, forest trekking, rock climbing, waterfalls, coffee estates. It was raining all throughout, while I was up to all this. Was a great experience though. Just return last week.

Prasad

Hi Yann,
Wow, thank you for your lovely comment. It bought a smile on my face. Good day to you too.

Prasad
Hi Ida,
Sorry to hear about the wildfires, wish I could send some of the rain we are getting everyday over there. Glad to read your comment.

Prasad

Thank you everyone for taking time to read my attempt and your humble responses. Bought a big smile to my face...i am overwhelmed..

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
8 posted 2009-08-29 10:13 PM

Enjoyed...James
Prasad Nataraj
since 2008-05-29
Posts 1149
Bangalore,India
9 posted 2009-09-03 11:40 AM

Thank you James for visiting and writing your kind comment.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Monsoon Beckons

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary