navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » Just a thought
Teen Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just a thought Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Leanne <3
since 2007-08-25
Posts 216
N.S.W, Australia

0 posted 2009-11-26 07:06 AM

So I know this is only one stanza long and it might seem like it needs more to explain in full who im talking to and what im trying to say but everything I wrote just seemed to ruin what I already had – this one stanza that perfectly captures the thoughts that keep running through my mind.

On the day your fate is drawn

And from this world you are thus torn

When your souls at last set free

Will you come and fly with me?

Inside this exterior, over which the eye might have roved there was the record of a pulsing life, which had learnt too well for its years – Thomas Har

© Copyright 2009 Leanne Jenkins - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2009-11-26 01:30 PM

Leanne, this was great without the intro.  The beauty of poetry is you are writing for yourself first, and the reader second, so I can interrupt it whatever way as a reader I want.  
Leanne <3
since 2007-08-25
Posts 216
N.S.W, Australia
2 posted 2009-11-26 08:53 PM

Thankyou Mysteria, i just wasnt sure if an intro was needed to explain it a little or not.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » Just a thought

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary