navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » Ugly Girl
Teen Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ugly Girl Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
HersheyKiss
since 2008-06-02
Posts 137
New Jersey

0 posted 2009-05-11 08:52 PM

Hey, back for a little while. Here's a new poem I wrote, let me know what you think.

Ugly Girl:

A thousand times you've said I'm ugly,
And you always say I'm fat,
So when someone says I'm beautiful,
I think it's someone else they're looking at.

You tell me to lose weight,
And that as a girl I ought to wear a skirt,
But when you point out my imperfections,
You cause a tidal wave of hurt.

Maybe I should resort to plastic surgery,
Make myself throw up in the loo,
If I starve myself for a little while,
Will I then be pretty in your view?

Perhaps I should get a nose job,
And dress like the girl's on T.V,
Or dye my hair Barbie blonde,
Just change myself completely.

If I diet till I'm skeleton thin,
And wear tight revealing clothes,
Will you think I'm beautiful,
Like all those other hoes?

You never say I'm beautiful,
And if you can't then who?
For if my own father says I'm ugly,
I guess it must be true.

© Copyright 2009 Danielle - All Rights Reserved
Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
1 posted 2009-05-11 10:44 PM

I don't venture into this area much, but sometimes I do, just to see the poetry of youth.

This is really sad. The ending really hit hard. Beauty? It's not about what's outside, and I know a lot of people will tell you that until you think it's all poppycock, but it's the damn truth. Remember that.

Peanutbuttercookies'nmilk
since 2009-05-03
Posts 31
Terrell,Texas
2 posted 2009-05-12 09:29 PM

I know what you all this mess about how we girls have to become just a pile of bones.There's nothing wrong with being on the plus side,hell I am,and I'm proud.Make all them hoes kiss our bottoms.Hugs 'n kisses.

Kalysta
since 2009-04-02
Posts 41
Ohio
3 posted 2009-05-13 04:02 PM

I really liked this poem. It was really sad but it is realistically true. Girls today can be really mean like that. I remember when i was in the 8th grade i was really over weight and a bunch of girls i thought were my friends made a Xanga about me. This thing said so many horiable thing about me, eventually it blew over and i got over it. By the time high school came around i had thinned out and the girls that made fun of me got what they had coming to them. It just goes to say what comes around goes around. Just remember everyone is beautiful in their own way.

~Kalysta~

Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada
4 posted 2009-05-15 12:57 PM

i haven't read much of your stuff before, but whenever i have i've loved it.
and with this one, its the same way. amazing job, i'm so sorry about this though, its a horrible way to be treated...i've been there and sort of still am.
good luck and best wishes!
library.

julianna

.:.:~]you clicked your heals and wished for me[~:.:.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
5 posted 2009-05-15 04:12 PM

your dad will have to deal someday with what he said...and you, have to blow it off as him being ignorant. My mom picked at me too, and I finally said enough. Took me long enough and wish I'd done it sooner. It's not your bag to carry, don't.
XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
6 posted 2009-05-16 12:15 PM

I'm glad to see you back even for a moment.  

Remember to keep your head held high, but always let people in to see when you're hurting.
I'm here for you

{~~*~~}

Lacrimosa Dies Illa
[Oh that tearful day]
    {~~*~~}

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
7 posted 2009-05-16 03:03 AM

Know what, it's not true.  Maybe for Father's day you should get him a mirror and not tell him why.

A

Rosie_Orange
since 2009-04-20
Posts 46
South Africa
8 posted 2009-05-18 04:08 PM

never get a nose job! and keep writing poems! i really loved it because it was so honest! i hope its not really true, but if it is i'm sure you really are beautiful inside and besides who wants to look like a hoe in revealing clothes anyway! xx
Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
9 posted 2009-07-18 12:47 PM

Beautifully written like always. I hope things have changed by now.

-Zach

dark princess
since 2009-07-21
Posts 2
Indiana
10 posted 2009-07-22 01:18 PM

omg this is a very sad poem but i know how you feel th same way. not matter what people say you are BEAUTIFUL!

arabesque
since 2009-07-26
Posts 14
USA
11 posted 2009-07-26 05:13 PM

Wow this is...amazing.  Girls feel way to much pressure to be "objects" these days.  And it shouldn't be like that at all.  Deff adding this to my library.  Excellent (:

Forever,
Arabesque<3

precious pearls
since 2009-07-24
Posts 110
NJ; United States
12 posted 2009-07-27 10:06 PM

The words made me cry!!!! I don't know exactly how you feel, but I do know what it feels like to think your ugly...
And I just have to say this- some of the nicest and beautiful people on the outside have insides that are empty, shallow, and downright UGLY. Now I haven't met you, but let me tell you right now, you r NOT ugly, because I can tell from your poem that you have a heart of gold!
p.s. I have met a girls who was overweight, and she was prettier than some of the skinnier AND curvier ones!
I send you strenghth, confidence, and courage... wherever you may be in the world...
(through God of course)

Always,
   Kai (a.k.a. precious pearls)

Clockwork_Orange
since 2007-03-23
Posts 620
Space Camp, IN
13 posted 2009-07-28 01:23 AM

an amazing piece of literature and a mesmerizing flow. very very sad, but powerful.

but this piece to me inspired much more than sadness, it also provokes anger and resentment.
a father is always supposed to be there for thier child/children.  it angers me to hear this....and no matter what you are beutiful, as long as you are happy with who you are and what you stand for. you dont need to lower yourself to hoehood and you never should.

Penwing
since 2009-07-27
Posts 73
Waverly, MN
14 posted 2009-07-29 10:31 AM

Changing yourself is never the way to go about things. and besides you dont need to If people cant see the beauty on the outside then they obviously are blind. as for your father, well if he thinks your so ugly then he needs to remember that half of your face came from his. true beauty is inside not out anyone who cant see this isnt worth your time.

(i still have to solve this same problem for myself so i think this post did just as much good for me as it did you hahahaha)

Best wishes,Penwing

N|D|N|C|Lost-Poet
since 2009-07-30
Posts 360
New Orleans
15 posted 2009-07-30 05:29 AM

A thousand words, a thousand scripts can tell you how to live life, how to be you, what is or isn't beauty. The day you smile on your own is the day you learn true happiness, and you see the true beauty.

Ignore the irony of this post.

Beautifully captured.

-LostPoet

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » Ugly Girl

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary