navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » to see me through
Teen Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic to see me through Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada

0 posted 2011-09-25 01:29 PM

I guess in a way it all fell apart after you were killed. I hate saying it that way, but it's true. You didn't just die, you were killed and I suddenly realized all that was wrong with my life when my barrier crumbled and everything was brought to light.

My friendships were fading long before you died, but after 2:50pm on March 23rd, the word "sensitive" became too light of a description for my sudden mood change. I was over at A's house with everyone the day after your funeral. Again, I felt emotional but that's to the least of my expectations. The vulgarity coming out of their mouths made me want to hit something or just slap them, but that's indecent and I would never do that.

When spring break ended and we all returned to school except you, hell broke out and I'll never forget the things they said to me.

Because I left the friendship circle for my faith, things never and will never feel the same again. I've never been happier to be free from them, and at the same time I feel lost. I've done things and sang songs to help me remember you, and to help me forget them. But it never leaves.

After you were killed my life changed in a way that not many will understand. I lost more than just you that day. I walked away from a life that would've sucked me in till my emotional death.

I've never been happier than I am now with how it all played out, but you're still gone. I'm still trying to remember you and me and B when we were little, playing at the beach on those hot sunny days while camping. I want that to be what I remember, not 2:50pm on March 23rd and the days and months that followed. Not the life my fellow friends live or the things they read or say or do.

I want to remember our childhood and the wind and the night walks that helped us mature into the people we are today…
even if you have passed on.

julianna

"Many of the most significant moments in our lives come not because it all went right, but because it all fell apart." - Rob Bell

© Copyright 2011 Julianna - All Rights Reserved
priyanka
since 2009-06-15
Posts 216
india
1 posted 2011-10-03 08:12 PM

May his soul rest in peace. Losing someone is hard, to accept and overcome all that and learn to move even more so. Hope you were able to do both.

good write.

Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada
2 posted 2011-10-03 08:15 PM

Thank you, Priyanka. It's never easy, but that's life, if it's easy it's never truly living.

julianna

"Many of the most significant moments in our lives come not because it all went right, but because it all fell apart." - Rob Bell

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » to see me through

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary