navwin » Main Forums » Dark Poetry #5 » Why do I try
Dark Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why do I try Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SecretlyLonelyandLost
since 2010-01-06
Posts 3
United States

0 posted 2010-01-06 10:14 PM

This is my first shot at poetrysince high school. I hope that someone might enjoy it. I've been feeling kind of lost lately and have been trying to channel my negative energy into something...

why do I try
if I know it is so wrong
are weliving a lie
we love each other
or at least loved each other
but should we stay together?
our worlds are so far apart
but when you are gone
I just can't stand to be apart
Why do I try
when all we do is break our hearts
with each day that passes by
is it wrong
only time can tell
but that feels so long
or is it right
I wish there was a sign
because I am ready for the fight
show me anything at all
and I'll try with all my might
but I need to know
are you willing to try for me?

*Lovin'YouAgainstMyWill*

© Copyright 2010 Sammie - All Rights Reserved
LivingConfused
since 2009-12-27
Posts 40

1 posted 2010-01-07 01:24 AM

Hello, I have found this place friendly and full of helpful and understanding people.  I to started writing to work out my own trials and tribulations.  I have discovered I enjoy it.

With that I enjoyed the poem and empathize with it.  It seems the person why and is willing to try.  But is unsure if the other is.  My favorite portion is.  

we love each other
or at least loved each other
but should we stay together?

That rings true for me.  Thank you for your work.  

Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
2 posted 2010-01-08 05:13 PM

Oh man how many times have I asked myself this very question. This poem touches pretty close to home. Great write. But my advice is that we try because we have hope. That's why we try. Or at least in my opinion. Anyway great write.

-Zach

ladylisa
since 2007-04-29
Posts 342
Florida USA
3 posted 2010-01-17 09:07 PM

I too understand this poem so well and on so many levels.  Love is a very interesting emotion and one I do not think we will ever fully grasp, it's a learning process that lasts a life time.  Thank you.  lisa
VelvetVampress
since 2010-04-24
Posts 26

4 posted 2010-04-24 07:04 AM

I find that this poem goes close to home for me as well. and i have enjoyed reading it.
Desirer4New
since 2008-04-23
Posts 57
basketball soccer writting and anything to do with art
5 posted 2010-04-24 10:19 AM

I really enjoyed reading this poem. I can relate to what you have written, so i guess i can relate to what you felt. but i was in an "battle" just like the one you spoke of, and my advice to you is that the fight is worth it. i fought long and hard for my relationship but it did not work out. i wish the best to you and i hope everything works out the way it was meant too. Thank you again for sharing your work. it was very beautiful.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Dark Poetry #5 » Why do I try

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary