navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » I Am
Open Poetry #43
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Am Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lobsang
since 2008-05-14
Posts 55

0 posted 2008-11-27 06:50 AM

I am Charlie Manson
I am Adolf H
I am a child of darkness
I am going to steal your faith

© Copyright 2008 Lobsang - All Rights Reserved
GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
1 posted 2008-11-27 06:56 AM

Well, you can't steal my faith.

I hope you'll find that you can be something more. Because you can.

~alyssa

Hupomeno.

Lobsang
since 2008-05-14
Posts 55

2 posted 2008-11-27 07:06 AM

It does not ultimately matter if someone is "something more".  You see in the end everything will be extinguished.  Anything that happened will impact nothing.  So there is no point.  It is funny how people think they have more knowledge than me.  Like "You will learn".  Or "I hope you find".  The truth is that there is nothing to learn or find.  It is all just a fluke.  No reason.  No right. No wrong.  Just a dung beetle on a pile of manure believing it is with meaning.  I mean seriously.  How can what a dung beetle does on a manure pile matter?  It does not.  We do not.  It is all a lie.  I hate life.   Put me to sleep.  This was not worth doing.  My mother should have left me on the ice and gone home to a warm fire.  
GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
3 posted 2008-11-27 07:08 AM

I'm sorry you hurt so much.

~alyssa

Hupomeno.

Lobsang
since 2008-05-14
Posts 55

4 posted 2008-11-27 07:17 AM

Oh you hurt to.  You just don't know it.  And if you do not hurt then you are selfish.  Because if a person does not hurt they are forgetting about all the starving, sick and homeless people.  So happiness is actually selfishness.  

Yah.  I wish that there were euthanasia centers.  Like at the mall.  I mean where you could just go and be put to sleep.  

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
5 posted 2008-11-27 07:26 AM

You're right. I do hurt, too.

Maybe we have some common ground, afterall.

~alyssa

Hupomeno.

moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

6 posted 2008-11-27 07:57 AM

quote:
Because if a person does not hurt they are forgetting about all the starving, sick and homeless people.

You know Lobsang, you'd be a whole lot more plausible when you make statements like "it is funny how people think they have more knowledge than me" if your various sweeping generalisations were built upon some reasonably logical underpinning foundation.  

So, if there's no right, no wrong, no point, nothing to learn or find, no reason, no monkeys, in fact nothing, then why get your knickers in a twist about the starving and homeless, why not just pig out on turkey and watch them die - after all you, the turkey, the homeless, the starving, are all lies, all irrelevant, meaningless, zilch, nil, zero, unreal?

You're not hurting, you're just acting the prima donna, which is kind of a shame, because if you just climbed down off your podium for a while and actually engaged your brain there are hints in parts of your writing which suggest that you could make a useful contribution to literature and original thought.  Your poetry, on the other hand, needs major surgery.

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
7 posted 2008-11-27 10:06 AM

Just curious. Do you do anything about feeding the starving, Lobsang?
Lobsang
since 2008-05-14
Posts 55

8 posted 2008-11-27 10:08 AM

Oh I do not make generalizations friend.  Life is meaningless and there is no God.  There is no right and there is no wrong.  Our very existence is a fluke.  And you know that in your "heart" as well as I do.   And you are ultimately correct.  There is nothing wrong with eating turkey and laughing at the homeless.  Just as there is nothing ultimately wrong with child molestation or murder in the final universal analysis.   And certainly my communication is defective.  But as stated deep in your "self" you know I am right.  All is meaningless and you assign meaning out of desperation.  
Lobsang
since 2008-05-14
Posts 55

9 posted 2008-11-27 10:23 AM

"Just curious. Do you do anything about feeding the starving, Lobsang?"

I am the starving.

moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

10 posted 2008-11-27 10:31 AM

quote:
Oh I do not make generalizations friend.  Life is meaningless and there is no God.  There is no right and there is no wrong.  Our very existence is a fluke.  And you know that in your "heart" as well as I do.   And you are ultimately correct.  There is nothing wrong with eating turkey and laughing at the homeless.  Just as there is nothing ultimately wrong with child molestation or murder in the final universal analysis.   And certainly my communication is defective.  But as stated deep in your "self" you know I am right.  All is meaningless and you assign meaning out of desperation.

I really thought you might be capable of reasoned debate.  Clearly I was wrong.  

This is degenerating into a worthless waste of time.  

Take care.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » I Am

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary