navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Lets Join piptalks dot com.
Open Poetry #43
Post A Reply Post New Topic Lets Join piptalks dot com. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Pantheress
since 2008-11-02
Posts 215
Queensland, Australia

0 posted 2008-11-10 06:07 AM

Lets join piptalk dot com.
its also free of charge.
No one cares where your from.
They make you feel so warm and welcome.
A "Hello" was actually to big an ask.
Do I need a secret, virtual hand shake?
Or is this just for the clicky crew?
I shared my inspirations.
I even commented on a few.
Acknowledgement or thanks,
Must be manners from the past.
Lets join piptalk dot com.
And look in from the cold.
They all chat like family.
All lovingly, entwined in the fold.
I followed the directs.
Or the ones I understood.
The boss man said.
"Enter gently, only post once,
and comment on many"
I followed the directions.
But find I've been ignored.
Should I post any more?
Maybe my talents are unworthy?
Or I'm just a bloody bore.
Lets join piptalk dot com
And try to do as I'm told.
I'll try not be to bold
Someone may say "Hi".
I hope it happens before I get to old.
Hi Guys and Girls..
Have you noticed I'm growing old.
My hands are weak..
My sight is dimming.
And its only been a week,smiles..

© Copyright 2008 Daphnejean. F. - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2008-11-10 06:24 AM

Since you have only posted 5 times ( from what  the  number under your name says and one being this posting) and been on here only one week I would give it some time.  Not making excuses for anyone else, but last week was election week here in the US  and many were preoccupied. Yes we have  poets  who have met and/or are friends.

Some poets respond as a group to their poems. Others individually. Post another poem or two ( and I wouldn't suggest criticising the poets on not acknowledging you in a poem .. unless maybe in the alley or announcements or a discussion forum.) Just my opinion and by the way, Welcome.

M

Pantheress
since 2008-11-02
Posts 215
Queensland, Australia
2 posted 2008-11-10 06:34 AM

Awww.. Shucks a reply and a welcome,smiles..
Thanks nakdthoughts on your input and thoughtful response, This poem was written in humor, not meant to criticize or offend, But being female and Irish, I tend to blunder threw,smiles.. Thanks again.. You've made my night,chuckles..

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
3 posted 2008-11-10 06:45 AM

Hello there.. I must have missed your opening poem.. so I will welcome you here to our pages blue.. one of your lines is very true.. we are a nice group of poets..we are friendly and welcoming.. we value good poems... and patience is a virtue... welcome and I hope to read more your work here..   RDB  

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
4 posted 2008-11-10 11:22 AM

this made me smile....

being new here is tough lol there are so many members, and depending on the time of year and who's doing what, some folks don't have a lot of time so they only go to those names they know, or their favorites to read. It happens.   I try to get in here as much as time allows.

I'm glad to see you have a sense of humor and I saw that right away, I felt something like this when I joined too, but there were less then and I posted in a slower moving forum. Open goes pretty fast and there are a lot of folks posting so you can get left behind quickly.

I hope you will give it some time  

and?

Welcome to Pip

Pilgrimage
Member Elite
since 2001-12-04
Posts 3945
Texas, USA
5 posted 2008-11-10 12:38 PM

I like your name, Pantheress.  This made me chuckle.  When I joined, I already knew a couple of people and they took the time to welcome me.  I also replied to about 20 for every one I posted, so I think that makes a difference too.  I'm not around a whole lot, so I don't get a lot of replies either, but that's because I don't spend the time here I should.  I wish you luck.

Nan (Pilgrim variety)

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2008-11-10 01:19 PM

A long, long time ago, before there were even 300 of us, I joined the mix and slowly got to know people. Very slowly, because I was a bit shy, and geez, these folks all seemed to know one another and wow, I really wanted to be "one of them" and "liked well" and it just comes about, slowly but surely, but I found out why it comes about slowly.

Because they really want to know you, and the only way they're really going to get to know you is if you interact [my ratio is usually 10 responses to others to every one of my own posting{s}] and then you know what happens?

You become family.  

Welcome to Passions, Pantheress. I've been one of those busy people of late so I'll make a point to go find your first poem...

Enjoy us - and write on!

P.S. Just located your first post. Not everyone goes into that particular venue, and there's a good chance that a few of our adult readers will catch it soon enough. However, since you posted your "first" post there, I cannot send you the normal "Welcome to Passions" greeting card. But know that you're more than Welcome to Passions!!

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (11-10-2008 02:26 PM).]

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
7 posted 2008-11-10 06:08 PM

Yes,
WELCOME TO PIP

wow, I remember when I joined, which wasn't too long ago, just over one year ago! I had so much fun this past year and a month, that I want to be here for more more and more!!! It's such a warm and welcoming home and full of wonderful friends and poets!

ARCTIC WIND

Pantheress
since 2008-11-02
Posts 215
Queensland, Australia
8 posted 2008-11-10 07:36 PM

Hey, Artic Wind, Sunshine, Pilgrimage, SEA, Roniece Dawson-Bruce Thanks so much for not taking offence, honestly none was meant,smiles.. Thanks for the kind words, Made me feel all warm and fuzzy,grins..
I'm gonna write a poem now about blue skies,smiles.. Its so hot and sunny in Australia at present.. Cheers.. Have a wonderful day..

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
9 posted 2008-11-10 08:40 PM

Hi Pantheress and welcome. I remembered when I first joined PIP and didn't get much response. I was beginning to feel rather left out and then I started making friends and getting to know everyone and there are some very nice people here. It just takes a little while.
                              Ida

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
10 posted 2008-11-10 10:44 PM

See what happens when you take a moment to breathe?

When I first joined, there wasn't an option to find out whether or not someone responded...

oh my young friend, PiP has grown in so many ways...

once again, thank you for joining in!

LindsayP
Member Elite
since 2007-07-28
Posts 3410
Australia, Victoria
11 posted 2008-11-10 11:50 PM

Well my female Panther it's great to see another Aussie join up with PIP and I extend

a very warm welcome to you my dear. I have only been on PIP about fifteen months and I

have made some very good friends. It is a wonderful place to meet other great poets and you will love it hear. Take care.

Lindsay

Pantheress
since 2008-11-02
Posts 215
Queensland, Australia
12 posted 2008-11-11 07:29 AM

Your all to kind.. Thank you for your very warm welcomes, encouragement and time..
Now I'm gonna go check out what you all been up to,  and see if I can find all your rhymes,smiles..

Ratleader
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-01-23
Posts 7026
Visiting Earth on a Guest Pass
13 posted 2008-11-20 12:37 PM

I could make a speech.....oh could I ever make a speech.....

But then, I’ve been gone for a year, who am I to talk? Just don’t inquire too closely as to why I’ve been speechless for so long; when we’re speechless, that’s the very time when we’re most likely to make one.

Enjoy the place, take it as it comes, and find three people you like. That’s all you really need, after all. The rest is window dressing!

~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>   ~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>  ~~(¸¸ ¸¸ºº>    ~~~(¸¸ER¸¸ºº>
______________Ratleader______________

Pantheress
since 2008-11-02
Posts 215
Queensland, Australia
14 posted 2008-11-20 09:18 PM

Hi Ratleader you could make a speech, I'm sure we all woulds listen,smiles.. although listening doesn't mean agreeing,grins.. Be happy inside ourselves and like whom we are and what we stand for.. then if you stand alone.. at least we know we stood by what was right inside our own souls and we're true to ourselves.. any who care to join us walks with the beat of the same drum, being adored by many doesn't make us moral or good,smiles.. and just because someone is louder.. doesn't make them right,chuckles.. thanks for calling by, I like the words that you right..
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #43 » Lets Join piptalks dot com.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary